SZ520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ520

Purchased from: Florida Discount Music

I play a lot of rock type of music from metal, to alternative, to emo acoustic and am in 2 bands at the moment and this guitar makes the perfect sound for all the types of music. Playing on it (when on the right settings) it's almost like playing an acoustic guitar. I use a old school Fender amp (125 watt) and the amp isn't the best or anything but the guitar just overcomes that. I also use a Zoom effects pedal and/or a Dunlop overdrive pedal. This guitar is very sensitive to the touch considering you can hear the smallest fingering on it even if you aren't strumming or picking anything which makes riffs a lot easier for me. It can sound quiet and eerie for the gothic type of music, heavy on distortion for metal, just flat out pop rock sounding, and acoustic for emo softer kind of stuff. There is a large vairety of sounds this guitar can make.

The Ibanez SZ520 is perfect for any type of music and a great match. If it was stolen or lost I would most definitely buy another one! I love the sound of it and my favorite feature is the distortion with high depth chorus because it makes such a rich and full sound. When I was going to buy a new guitar I was at first going for a Epiphone SG going at $200 but when I saw this guitar I just immediately had to plug it in at the store and fell in love with it. The 12th fret flame inlay also really just tops it all off at gigs because people will go crazy when they see someone shredding a really cool looking and sounding guitar.

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing and will sound amazing while you're at it. The hardware seems durable enough to last you a long time. The strap buttons stay solidly on and never fall off (unlike my other guitar). I was most definitely use this guitar on a gig without backup. The finish is good enough to last and would most likely not wear off with lots of playing.

The guitar was set up very well, and the pickups were adjusted well. It had everything perfect. Absolutely no flaws in the finish and making of this guitar.

This guitar is amazing. I had a Johnson Strat in the past and have been playing for 2 years and getting this guitar was the best thing that's happened to me. It ahs set in neck, easy tuning knobs, and I love the Gibraltar III bridge. It has the two knobs for adjusting volumes and the mix one, which can make very cool sounds. It's body is all mahogany with a bound rosewood finger board and has 22 frets.