SZ520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ520

I play everything from Metallica, to Linkin Park, to RA, and even as soft as Dave Matthews and this guitar still pulls it off, with the right setup it can do everything. I just use a Roland 30 which gets me by for now and though the amp isn't fantasitic it still sounds good. It has a very rich full sound much like a good acoustic. And when you swith it to the lower pickups it's harder than you can believe. To be honest seeing as how I play so much different stuff this is the guitar for versatility so if your like me with little money, a lot of creativity, this guitar could be all you need.

If you want to play all kinds of music because your not sure if your taste will change or even if you want to stick with one music this guitar is for you and especially for the money. And nothing compares to it.

It won't break or scratch or ding, I've banged mine on everything and it's still brand new. It will last longer than everything else on the guitar, and into the next Ice Age which could be soon.

Overall the feel and look of this guitar is fantastic the only complaint I would have is that the strings and pickups are set up a lot like an acoustic but on an electrics so if you jamming hard the 1st string can sometimes slip off the boards. The cool part is that the frets are set so high that if you push hard enough you can move it in and out of tune.

I believe it was made in 2004 but mine came with the Seymour Duncan pickups so it sounds even better than the one without them. And the SZ without the Duncans still sound better than a double humbucker $700 Gibson. It has 22 medium frets on a rosewood neck. A solid mahogany top with a great quilted top. It looks sweet. A string thru body so it sustains longer than a any other guitar I've played. I'm serious you can hold the same note a lot longer. It's a double humbucker and freakin rocks. Also if you like the heavy Gibson / acoustic guitar feel it has that.