SZ520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ520

I think that this is an extremly verstile guitar and you can produce pretty much any sound you want to out of it. I play mainly rock, punk and alternative with quite a lot of distortion but with out all that it has a brilliant full and warm sound.

I also own a Mexican made Fender Strat which is completly different from the Ibanez. They are both brilliant but its depends what you are looking for. Really the only thing you can do is pick it up, play it and if if you love it buy it! If it were stolen or lost I think I would buy another one the same. My only compliant would be that it didn't come with a strap and the one that I chose doesn't stay in one of the strap buttons very securely but thats easily sorted out. I am very impressed by this guitar and by its value for money. I was considering the Fender Telecaster and the Ibanez SAS32 but they were out of the picture as soon as I picked up the SZ520.

I haven't had this guitar for very long so I can't really comment on its durability but it's survived a few live playings but only with another electric as well so I don't know how it would handle by itself.

The guitar was very well set up and adjusted. No flaws even though it had been in the shop for a while.

Brand new and in excelent condition straight from the shop. People have already said all the basics about the guitar so I won't go into it now. I have the black version of this guitar and I have no complaints at all. I fell in love with it when I saw it and all other guitars didn't compare. I wasn't so keen on the other colours but the wood finish on them makes up for what ever colour you choose.