SZ520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ520

Purchased from: Ted Herbert's

I play metal and hard rock. This guitar matches up to my playing style. I play lead and rythm guitar. I use Kustom amps and Ibanez FX and Dunlop expression. This guitar can get noisey in a good way and a bad way. The bad way is slang for good, using my street cred as much as possible. When the pickup selector is set to the neck it has a very warm rich sound and when it's on the bridge it has a real good quality for distortion. I find it like in sound quality to a Les Paul, just better.

I luv Ibanez guitars and they match my playing style almost to well. I've been playing for about 5 years now and I've primarily been playing Ibanez guitars. I wish I had asked if they make an Ibanez SZ single cut. If this guitar were stolen I'd be out for blood and looking for this guitar. I love that it's mine I hate Fender guitars my favorite feature is going to have to be the action and how well the neck is.

I used this guitar for a few shows plus on an upcoming show in April. I not only have used this guitar with out a backup, I survived through it. I lovt the SZ model so much I have 3 of them, all tuned differently. And one I think I will be doing work on the pickups. The finish on my guitars will last a long time 'cause I take care of my guitars almost everyother day.

It was really good but I had to fuck around with it because of my cousins complaint that the action sucked. I got it back to factory setting. Everything on this guitar was pretty well adjusted. The flaw about this guitar is on occassion the screws from the bridge get loose and are a pain in the ass when they come out. I still love it to death.

Ace387
    When i got mine I had some really bad fret buzzing on the 1st few frets, but it turns out that it was just horribly mis-adjusted. after I adjusted the truss rod it completely dissapeared and now plays awsome. I find its really comftable to play. Guitar looks cool and plays good. I love it.
    ...........
    I just played a show with mine and when I played thinderstruck it sounded ****in amazing. This guitar is the best on the market for the price and it looks so dam nice!!