SZ720 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ720

Purchased from: Trevor Davies music leominster

I play lots of styles of music and this guitar easaly covers all of them. It works well with both DigiTech and Zoom multi FX units as well as all Ibanez pedals I have used (chorus, fuzz, distortion, overdrive, ect). I have several amps I use this guitar through and it is most suited to fatter sounds produced by Marshall amps rather than the crisp high end of Fender amps, although sound is great through either.

Go play one, you will buy it!

This guitar suits my live sets perfectly, the hardware is all high quality solidly built, the srap buttons loosen quite quickly, but this guitar is very dependable.

I got this stuning blue axe from a local guitar shop, and was astonished with the quality, it is a solid mahogany body with alder quilted semi tranparent top. The surface is top quality although it dents quite easaly. The neck is set in giving the guitar a distinct expensive feel and sound, the sustain is second to none. The other hardware on this guitar are of the same high quality including the gibralta III bridge. The pickups are fantastic, there is a neck humbucker which produces a woddy mellow sound and a brige humbucker which produces a crisp powerfull sound, a three way selector swith chooses between the two. In the midle position the both pickups are used but only as single coil this makes the axe able to repoduce a Strat like sound, I think this guitar is very capable of produceing the types of sound that you would expect of a les paul and a Strat so an all round winner. The action fas fantastic straight from the shop and no further setting up was nececerry. The only mild iritation I have found is that the "strap buttons" come loose quite quickly.

unknownalone
    i have this guitar..the SZ520..and the only real problem is the strap buttons as one review mentioned, other than that, its perfect. pinch harmonics sound fantastic, especially when using with the boss metalzone pedal. i use heavy gauge strings and the crunch i achieve is amazing. for 500 bucks, this guitar is definitely worth the money. dont buy a 1200 dollar guitar when u get this one for half the price that sounds just as good. and concerning sustain, the better your amp, the better ur sustain.
    Laslow
    i was gonna buy the sz720 today, i need second guitar and i figure i may aswell get a guitar that looks and plays just as good as my current, but i broke my finger so i figure it'll just depress me if i have it and cant play it so im gonna wait a few weeks...always have my s520 to keep me company