SZ720 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZ720

Purchased from: music 123

The sound is flat out amazing. I can get pretty much anything from melting distortion to crystal cleans. It sounds nice, you could pretty much do anything with this guitar if you played around with it. Don't listen to people Who tell you Ibanez is for metal players only or Ibanez guitars can only sound metal, they've probably never picked up an Ibanez before. This baby does it all.

I have a friend Who owns one of those Jackson DKMG's or whatever Strat-copies which cost basically the same as the SZ720. I've played it and compared to this guitar, it really sucks. Even he thinks so. There are a lot of people out there biased against Ibanez but don't let them scare you away from this guitar, they only think Ibanez guitars aren't good because they don't have the big names like Fender and Gibson guitars, my friend is like that. The truth is they're only looking for a guitar that'll make them look like a pro. If know what you're talking/playing about, and you're serious about getting a good guitar in this price range. There is no question of whether or not you should get this guitar. I've tried Fenders, Epiphones and Gibsons all in the same price range and I do my homework before I make a purchase. In the end I chose this guitar, because for the money, nothing else comes close. Would definitely buy again if it was stolen.

Apart from the input jack loosening up, everything else on this guitar is amazing. I've banged it a few times and it's come off with some small dents and scratches but even then, it still looks great. This guitar is dependable. Strong strap buttons. Beautiful finish though I've scratched it with my belt a few times.

Everything's good, except the input jack on the guitar has a tendancy to loosen up on mine which can be a pain because I have to tighten it up again all the time. The action is in one word, amazing. I've tried my friends' Jackson DKMG and RR5, as well as Gibson SG faded and Epiphone Les Pauls. This is one fast guitar.