SZR520 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: SZR520

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

I mostly play heavy rock and detuned metal and it suit's both styles very well. I've been using the Line 6 UX2 with my very small Stagg amp and it works perfectly. it's very versatile and has a very full sound, I've used it to play almost everything from Beatles to Slipknot And it still sounds fantastic.

For Metal I would strongly recomend this guitar. I've neen playing for around 3 years now and This is only my second Electric guitar (my first was a Fender Squier) but I've played lots of different guitars like Gibson Les Pauls and some Deans but this by far is the best I've played. If it where lost or stolen I would definitely re buy this guitar. I really like the look of this guitar and some of the great colours it comes in my favourite (the one I have) is Dark violin Sunburst. The one thing That is missing from this guitar is a Whammy bar and the shape and weight of the body is quite similar to that of a Les Paul, other than that a great guitar.

This guitar will Easily withstand Live playing I've used it without backup and It's worked perfectly every time. I've changed the strap buttons to metal strap locks for under 5 and they where definetly been worth it. This guitar is very strong and durable I've hit it, stood on it, dropped it, banged it and the only marks on it are two dents in the fretboard from when it fell over onto a chair.

The Ibanez has been put together perfectly I've found no flaws at all. I don't know of the Pickups have been adjusted, they probably haven't but they've worked %100 percent of the time perfectly. The finish is great mine is Dark Violin Sunburst and it looks awesome.

The Ibanez SZR520-DVS was released in 2008, made in Korea and has a strong mahogany body, flamed maple top, set-in mahogany SZR neck, 22 medium frets, rosewood fingerboard, Dot inlays, Gibraltar III bridge, chrome hardware, IBZ ND1-N humbucker (neck) and IBZ ND1-B humbucker (bridge) pickups. It has 2 Volume, 1 Tone, 3 Way toggle controls. Mine did not come with any accessories but most of them come with a gig bag and cost about 320.