VBT700 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/05/2010 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Ibanez: VBT700
 1,041
review (1) pictures (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
VBT700 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 05, 2010

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music ,ew Britian CT

Features: I saw this guitar hanging on the wall, and as an avid player for over 20 years, I knew from just the looks that it rocked. I took it down, saw that it was $199.00 and was like, ehh..."I'll try it" I always prefered the dual humbucker setuup, and I have a Jackson Rhodes w/ a Dimebucker, so I needed a Standard bridge guitar... And I wanted it to be a V. // 10

Sound: First of... "IT F**KIN RULES, ROCKS AND RENOVATES the sound of music. This IS my main Axe. I grew up in the 80's... Lynch being my favorite, I am a Shredder and damm prod of it. I have had Ibanez guitars all my life. I only own 1 other guitar, which is my Jackson. I have owned Jems, Satch models, pretty much any top-of-the line mode, I had or played for at least a month. For $200.00 out the door... This guitar putsthe rest to shame (except my Jackson, because it rules as its equal). All I did was buy a pair of Shaller Locking tuning keys and the thing will never go out of tune. Not that it ever did, I just like locking tuners. I can change the strings in 10min flat. Never had the thing give me any troble what-so-ever. I wouldn't take $25, 000 for this guitar. I got lucky on this one. Even my Jackson only cost me $175.00. I will never by a barnd new guitar again. I'll gladly accept one from Ibanez or anyone else who wants to give me one... but for $375.00 and an extra $150.00 in addons... I have my axe set-up that I'll play forever. I play a Ibanez 7 string I found at a tag sale for $30.00 witha scratch on the back about 2 inches long and a half inch wide that I fixed with a melted crayon, sandpaper, and laquer. THAT guitar has been sought after by all my buddies willing to give me $500-$800 for the thing. NOPE! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar looked like it came off the factory floor that day. If this was a woman... I would knock it up... a cuban cigar.. smoke it all in one shit... A marchall amp.. crnk it to 11. Its flawless. Go to www.myhitrecord.com type in stop, drop, kill and you'll hear this guitar recorded with no effects fro a Line 6 2x12 combo. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Never faild meThis guitar looked like it came off the factory floor that day. If this was a woman... I would knock it up... a cuban cigar.. smoke it all in one shit... A marchall amp.. crnk it to 11. Its flawless. Go to www.myhitrecord.com type in stop, drop, kill and you'll hear this guitar recorded with no effects fro a Line 6 2x12 combo. // 10

Overall Impression: 10, 10, 10. Its the Michael Phelps of guitars. You'll see it on the cover of Guitar World Magazine soon. First of... "IT F**KIN RULES, ROCKS AND RENOVATES the sound of music. This IS my main Axe. I grew up in the 80's... Lynch being my favorite, I am a Shredder and damm prod of it. I have had Ibanez guitars all my life. I only own 1 other guitar, which is my Jackson. I have owned Jems, Satch models, pretty much any top-of-the line mode, I had or played for at least a month. For $200.00 out the door... This guitar putsthe rest to shame (except my Jackson, because it rules as its equal). All I did was buy a pair of Shaller Locking tuning keys and the thing will never go out of tune. Not that it ever did, I just like locking tuners. I can change the strings in 10min flat. Never had the thing give me any troble what-so-ever. I wouldn't take $25, 000 for this guitar. I got lucky on this one. Even my Jackson only cost me $175.00. I will never by a barnd new guitar again. I'll gladly accept one from Ibanez or anyone else who wants to give me one... but for $375.00 and an extra $150.00 in addons... I have my axe set-up that I'll play forever. I play a Ibanez 7 string I found at a tag sale for $30.00 witha scratch on the back about 2 inches long and a half inch wide that I fixed with a melted crayon, sandpaper, and laquer. THAT guitar has been sought after by all my buddies willing to give me $500-$800 for the thing. NOPE! // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ AR220 8.8 Electric Guitars 02/08/2016