VBT700 V-Blade review by Ibanez

Ibanez: VBT700 V-Blade

I play everything from classic rock like ACDC and Guns N' Roses to Metallica and Pantera to modern metal like Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, etc. I have played with the guitar in most everything from Standard tuning down to Drop C and have never had any problems. The guitar fits my music style well and sounds amazing. The D-Activators were definitely a motivating factor for me getting this guitar, and they are impressive. The guitar can handle almost any style of music I've thrown at it. I am currently playing through a Line 6 Spider III 30-watt amp and the guitar sounds wonderful. I played the guitar through several amps at Guitar Center including many high-end models and it sounded great.

As I said, I play mainly metal and this guitar meets my needs hands down. I have been playing for about two and a half years. This is my third guitar and by far my favorite. Before purchasing it I would definitely recommend that you play it first. It is difficult to play sitting down, but since I am always standing it doesn't bother me at all. If it were stolen I would cry because I couldn't afford to replace it, but I would definitely buy another as soon as possible. I researched many guitars in this price range for a few months before buying this one and played them all before finally settling on this one. It was a great purchase and I have no regrets. I definitely recommend this guitar to anyone looking for an amazing guitar at an affordable price. Don't let the fact that it has been discontinued discourage you, it is still an amazing instrument.

I haven't used the guitar to play live, but I have played it for several hours a day every day for a month and have had no problems with it. I have no doubt that the guitar could withstand Live playing. The hardware is great and I've seen no problems with it. The strap buttons are solid, although the back strap button could be relocated to a better position. I would always have a backup guitar when playing live, but I don't think I would have to worry. This guitar is solid.

When I picked up the guitar there was some fret buzz, but a slight truss rod adjustment eliminated that problem. Besides that, everything was set up very well at the factory. The pickups didn't need any adjustment and the knobs, tuners, and Switch all worked fine. There were no scratches or blemishes on the guitar, and there are still very few, even though I've bumped the guitar into the wall and my computer desk many many times. The headstock seems invincible, since I've hit it on the wall hard several times and there are no marks whatsoever. All of the electronics work flawlessly as well.

I bought my Ibanez VBT700 about a month ago from Guitar Center. I bought it in black with white binding. The guitar is awesome. It has a 24 fret Wizard II neck. The guitar is string thru and neck thru so the sustain is great. The bridge is a Gibraltar custom bridge. The pickups are DiMarzio D-Activators and sound amazing, even compared to active pickups. There is one volume knob and one tone knob and a three-way pickup selector.

Ali-b912
    they still have these on the guitar center website. i think you have to just order them tho.
    hEadShoVeL
    I have this guitar...i was so sceptical about it at first, but when i tested it out i feel in love, the pickups are great, my brother has a schecter hellraiser with active EMG's and my guitar and fight alot side his in a gig.....i kid you not, if your in to flying V's ....trust me this guitar is really worth a try
    Valgrave
    I also have this guitar and it is amazing and the pickup are insane i love them. It is Sam Totman's custom specs but he now has the iceman for his "signature" guitar but this guitar is amazing and though my line 6 spider III 150 watt amp.. Well.. You can imagine.
    slayerfrk
    ever since i saw thnis guitar 10 mins ago i wanted it, i own the xpt700 and i wanted a guitar that looked like it with no upper horns cause they got in the way of the 24th fret i cant find this guitar on the internet though cause they discontinued it the buttholes
    GUNNY ACE
    Thanks osirus-uk for posting MY review of the VBT. I originally posted the review on Harmony Central when I bought the axe a while ago. If you own the axe, then review it yourself instead of ripping someone elses review. Other-than-that, I still stand by the review. Its an excellent axe for speed. But I would like to add that it records well in the studio. You can see photos of me in my band Dichotic on myspace, or you can go to my personal page, Fire Base Swift Redeemer to see my weapons of choice to include the VBT700. Gunny Ace Out!!