VBT700 V-Blade review by Ibanez

Ibanez: VBT700 V-Blade

My influences range from classic rock to modern metal. I mostly play stuff ranging from Lamb Of God and Metallica to Dream Theater and Opeth. The guitar has met all of my needs so far. I originally played the guitar through a Peavey 5150 combo, but have since played it through many amps. It sounds great every time. I have never heard any unwanted noise come from the guitar. I am not a huge fan of active pickups, so I was happy that the D-Activators sounded so good.

I play a lot of music, ranging from all out heavy metal to mellow progressive rock. The guitar has satisfied me across all areas. I have been playing for about three years now, and this guitar is the best I've ever owned. I also own a few other cheaper Ibanezes, and this guitar blows them completely out of the water. The only thing I have come to dislike about the guitar is that it is a little top-heavy, but I've gotten used to it. The guitar has been stolen once and, although it was later returned to me, I fully intended to buy another to replace it. It is a great guitar, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. The only thing I'd want to add would be a separate volume for each pickup. Otherwise, I recommend this guitar to anyone.

I have only ever used the guitar live once, and it performed perfectly. The hardware seems solid, and everything appears to withstand damage well. The strap buttons never failed me, although I eventually replaced them with strap locks. I don't think I have to worry about the guitar too much.

I got the guitar set up the same day I bought it, so I can't say too much about the factory set up. However, with it set up, I have never had any trouble with the amp. It sounds great, and looks great as well. The guitar had one minor scratch on the back when I bought it, but nothing major. All of the tuners and electronics are secure, and have remained secure since the first day. The finish on the guitar is pretty nice. I've knocked it around a bit and still no damage that is noticeable.

I bought this guitar from Guitar Center in February. It is black with white binding, has a 24 fret Wizard II neck (feels great), and a Gibraltar custom bridge. The guitar comes stock with DiMarzio D-Activator humbuckers in the neck and bridge, which are some of the best passive pickups I've ever used. The V-Shape looks great, and the guitar is very comfortable to play. It has one volume and one tone knob, and a 3-way pickup selector.

Crazybullet75
    I got that guitar! and damn its good! werry good for playing heavy metal and stuff on! not mutch 2 say but it rock!!!!
    Nick_Brown34
    i played one in white with black binding at a local store and fell in LOVE with it! i already love ibanez necks and this guitar is so comfortable 4 me 2 play! they wanted $425 used and it was there for months, now i hav the money and its gone! they had one at guitar center for $500 but its not on the website, so if anyone knows where i can buy one msg me please! this IS my guitar and i refuse not 2 own one!
    .starrk
    I found mine at a local Guitar Center, even though the site said they did not have one. Try calling any of your local shops and see if they have one or if they can get a hold of one. I love mine
    lord_metztli
    this is a very good guitar. i got one in black with white binding for about $400 at Samash. i also went the extra mile and had a floyd rose installed in it. for those who really want one, i suggest checking on ebay every 3 or 4 days. that is the only way that you can get one now that they are discontinued but i highly doubt the success of finding one since it is a rare guitar.
    J408G
    just found one in a pawn shop, i was looking for a good project guitar, but after seeing it and doing some research i had to have it. it looks im still paying it off.
    acs71994
    .starrk
    acs71994 wrote: I need a case for my V-Blade. Can any one tell me a case that would fit my guitar?
    Good luck. I'm still looking for one
    ebunnyzlife
    and yeah to add .. there is still one brand new VBT 700 left to be bought and here i thought i bought one of the last ones .. ..... i got an orginal ibanez case and same for the one that is left.. for anyone desperate the shop is in INDIA - Uttarakhand - Dehradun - Venus music Store @Metal G53SE .. maybe you could use a dean hard case..
    Alex Soliz
    Haha, lucky me theres one in transparent grey with white bindings WITH a floyd at my local guitar shop.I'm saving up for it as we speak .