VBT700 V-Blade review by Ibanez

Ibanez: VBT700 V-Blade

I play mostly metal/rock/punk/alternative. I like Metallica, Slayer, Pink Floyd, Blink 182, Sum 41, Pantera, and As Blood Runs Black. This V can play it all. The clean tone is amazing, even on my Raven rg20 amp, and when I put on my Dunlop Kirk Hammett sig wah pedal it sounds even greater. The distortion is awesome too on this guitar, I have a Boss MT-2 metal zone and this guitar is perfect for it. Right now the tuning I'm on is half step, on this I go D#, D, and C#. I use the coated Ernie Ball strings and also the sound range/tone range of this V is incredible. I play with the toggle Switch on treble and the tone and volume maxed and its beautiful!

This guitar is Amazing. I've only been playing for about a year, but I can play every slayer/metallica song without error and this guitar can do it. She stays in tune good and I'm impressed with the sound quality on my mt-2 and Dunlop KH wah. In the near future when my band is well known I'm going to stop collecting old lighters/zippos and start collecting these(discontinued due to lawsuit) if somebody stole this I'd backtrace him and beat him until he admits he done goofed. And then I'd post on /b/. I'm going to get another and paint a blue slayer logo on it, since my first one has a red metallica logo on it. I'm going to put EMG 81/85s in it and put a Floyd Rose tremolo in it. Reverse the headstock and headbang until even kerry king would tell me to stop. The only thing I hate is that the frets accumulate alot of gunk and I don't have anything to clean it with:( when I get my ESP Kirk Hammett KH-202 guitar I'm still going to play this. When I get a job I'm going to get a Marshall amp with the kerry king cab and a kirk hammett sig Randall amp and plug the vbt into the kkv amp and the KH-202 into the randall. I'm always going to have a extra vbt in my 1970 plymouth roadrunner when I get it. Oh this guitar makes me dream. I'd rate it 9, 001 out of 10. Its made for metal and that's what my band will be playing on stage and this guitar in my hand. Look out for a band named either Fallen or In dying days.

I never played live yet but I'm hoping to start a band and play at the battle of the bands in my highschool. Playing on the amp is great-and its a 20 watt! I've taken great care of this V and my les paul, but I've bumped it a few times on my wall switching between my 2 rooms, but it never left a mark... The things a tank. The paint isn't scratched or chipping and that's good.

I bought this guitar at a local shop, and I have no idea if it was used or new, there's no scratches so I assume new. Everything was set up correctly and I never had to mess w/ anything. The black finish picks up finger prints easily but that can be fixed with any cloth.

This guitar has some good Standard features; it has DiMarzio humbuckers which are great, 24 frets which are really easy to play on, black finish with a whitish lining, shark fin inlays, made in Indonesia, neck-thru, Ok tuners, one volume control and one tone control, string thru body. Really good stuff. But not the best.

IbanezUVBK
    I was lucky enough to pick up the black VTB the week they discontinued it. I picked it up at a Guitar Center for $360. Then a year later I picked up the white VTB at Daddy's Junkie music for $340. Both of these play amazingly and if anyone comes by one of these buy it. It is by far the best balanced and most comfortable V ever made. If I ever come by one again I am going to buy it and drop a Floyd Rose in it.
    quorthon10
    i got this guitar second hand and the guy that had it changed the D activators for a set of EMGs. Brutal sound and looks but the paintjob was mediocre(well its indonesian) and the gibraltar bridge is BAD. I had it repainted gun grey mat color and changed the bridge to a tonepross bridge(w/o the tailpiece) and its way way better. I higly advise to change the bridge to something better. One more note, compared to my rg7321 its a lot heavier.