XP300FX review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XP300FX

Purchased from: Second hand

The sound out of this guitar is perfect for my playing style of Rock/Metal. The stock pickups are very responsive to the dynamics of all sort of different genres but mainly heavier distorted playing. I currently using it with a Laney HCM60R and a Behringer noise suppressor running through to cut down the amps hiss (which all amps do at high volumes with alot of gain) and it seems to me that this guitar was just made for bone crushing gain and distortion.

This guitar is perfect for the Rock/Metal Guitarist who wants a beautiful shaped body and easy playability. I have been playing on and off for I don't even know how long and I have used many different guitars and amps and this guitar really has set the bar high for what I have played with. If it were lost or stolen I would get it again but giving the current economic climate I highly doubt I will even let this badboy outa my sight if I though something was gonna happen to it.

I've already gigged once with it and I have to say I was impressed at how well it took the beating of being hauled around in the air for a solid hour and a half with no problems. I've only had it about a month or so but giving how I'm an Ibanez guy anyways, I think that it will last a brave bit longer than a couple of months.

The action on the guitars neck is very fast yet easy to work with regardless of if you are actually playing a fast song or a slow blues jam. The pick ups are adjusted perfectly for me but maybe that's because I bought it second hand off another guitarist who played the same style as me. The flaw it had when I got it was a small dink near the volume nob, but that doesn't affect the tone or playability in any way whatsoever so I didn't care.

All the features of this guitar are excellent in my opinion, simply because they suit my playing style of Rock/Metal. Year made: Unknown. Frets: 24 Jumbo Rosewood fretboard. Fixed bridge. Body shape is very similar to a Jackson Warrior.

The^Unforgiven
    A nice, unbiased review. The scores seem legit, considering the standards of this price range, and Ibanez does tend to have an incredible bang-for-buck ratio. You might have commented on things such as finish and overall build quality, though.
    Von II
    It's so obvious that guitars like this get a bad user rating, just because of the shape.
    MetalSaint
    Iv'e bought this guitar and it's amazing!! for playing rock or metal it's good and it's also good to begin with as a beginner
    Diony x
    I have played this for almost two years now.. It's good for sound and reliability, but I would recommend something else, because the sound is not that good and it is VERY unbalanced. 7/10