XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

Purchased from: Ebay

The sound is incredible. The pickups are amazing. I like to play things like Cannibal Corpse and other death metal, and this plays incredibly. I absolutely hate my amp's tone. With all my other guitars, the lows are too weak for me. But I hate the tone less with this guitar. With a decent amp, this is will have crushing lows and screaming highs. The neckthrough design gives this thing amazing sustain and the pickups are just orgasmic.

The first time I saw this guitar, I knew I wanted it. Like I said before, I play metal, and this thing looks and sounds great for this genre. My amp is a Crate, model number FXT65. 65 Watts with effects and other stuff. I hate my amp's lows. Even with this amp, I can pull pretty decent lows with this amp. I am going to end up replacing this amp, and when I do, the sound will be incredible. If I were to lose it, I would be devastated. Being only 17 and having no job (yet), I would not be able to afford a new one. It took me too long to save up for the first one as it is. I wouldn't buy a new one, but I would want to like hell. I do wish it have a Floyd Rose, but other than that, I won't complain about any of the features.

This guitar seems to be a very solid guitar. I have accidentally hit it against desks a few times, and I don't have one ding on here. Playing it just feels like the thing is unbreakable. I don't play Live. I have only been playing for 2 years, but if I were to play Live, I would definitely use this guitar. Just look at Muhammad from Necrophagist. Although, his Xiphos has a Floyd Rose and EMG pickups.

This is where I need to put in a little negativity. I will eventually have to get this set up. I had to set the action pretty high in order to avoid fret buzz. A professional set up will fix this however. The paint is amazing however. I also dislike the Edge III. IT simply is not comparable to the Floyd Rose. It is really difficult to keep it in tune. However, once again, a professional set up can fix this as well. I remember having trouble like this even with my Jackson with a Floyd on it. After a set up, the tremolo will keep it in tune much better. Also, the strap holders are very poorly placed. With a power drill, I replaced them, and it is fine now.

For the price of the guitar itself, I also got the custom solid hard case, tools, a cable and other things. I got the red chameleon and it is beautiful. It has a reverse headstock, Edge III (which I am not so fond of, it is NO Floyd Rose), DiMarzio DeActivator pickups, reverse sharktooth fret inlays, etc. The hardware on this guitar is an unusual color. It appears chrome, but it has like a dark grayish color. It's hard to explain, but they look awesome.

ax1
    the guitar is made in indo but there is a qc .so dont worry
    x Misanthropy x
    mm i have the red chameleon design...very nice guitar...pickups were pretty muddy at first..but i tweaked my boss gt8 to get a good sound out of it. I noticed the reviewers didnt really mention the fact the guitar nose dives..which can be a pain,im going to get the strap buttons relocated.
    SenorBill
    Well that's kind of what I was getting at with the whole 'fitting oddly' deal.
    Tubyboulin
    I am Getting this guitar soon and does that guitar actually do calssic/Hard Rock(AC/DC, Motley Crue, Sabbath) any good? or is it just really really muddy and hurts your ears lol?
    Mahoru
    Not muddy at all. Simply, a total in-your-face metal guitar. When correctly set up, the Edge III isn't that bad (nor very good, either). But the rest of features make it absolutely worth. I'd like Ibanez to release a Japanese made model next year, with the Edge Pro and in Suede Black colour... then they'll have made the perfect metal guitar! lol
    deaththrashcore
    This guiar looks awesome and I've played it in the store. I pretty much fell in love with it. Plus, Muhammed has one. I'm really leaning towards getting one soon. Is there a reason the price is as low as it is? I'd expect to pay a lot more for this kind of beast...