XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play metal in a band, and this thing is great. Before this I was using a zakk wylde Epiphone, and this thing beats it hand down. I'm running it through a Line 6 spider 3, or a POD when I wanna get really good effects. This guitar also has a really nice clean sound to it when it is needed. It is a all round guitar made for metal (if that makes sence).

I play metal in a band and this thing makes metal sound easy, great pickups and overall wont break. I have been playing for 3 years now and this thing is one of the best guitars I have played. If I had lost this guitar I would buy another without a doubt.

I use this guitar Live, and not once have I even thought something will go wrong. For this I wouldn't need a backup guitar. The jack unlike other guitars is secure and won't come out. For me the strap buttons where in a nice placealthough other would disagree). The finish is good on it, and I have hit it off things a few times and nothing has come off, very well made and wont get damaged easily.

The standard set up was good, but for me it wasn't in the right tuning. It comes in Standard tuning, and if you where goingto play in this then nothing would need doing to it, but as I play in drop C I needed it set up, but once it was set up the action is that low it feels like you are touching the fret board straight away. The finish on this bad boy is one of the best I have ever seen and I would love to put this on other guitars of mine. I picked the red one over the blue as I hadnt seen the blue one.

albinokrikit
    filthylittleboy wrote: lol, probably... another ignorant kid who's only played the ibanez entry level guitars... obviously ESP is sweet, but Ibanez guitars are amazing!
    exactly what i was thinking lol
    General Fox
    I have one, and the trem is tempermental, but that's only because I messed with it after I had it professionally set up. There was nothing wrong with it before that. Plays like a dream, weighs little, sounds massive.
    BassGuitarGod
    Muhammad plays a production model Xiphos, he is the one Ibanez made this guitar for, its not a signature but he had every last decision in making it
    Infamou$17
    2mins2midnite wrote: im looking to get a new gutiar. My current guitar is a Jackson randy Rohods JR3, I play lots of metal with fast solos shall i get the Ibanez as featured above or the dean razorback V? please give suggestions
    You shall get the Xiphos because the Razorbacks are overrated slightly because of Dimebag. I really like Dime but I wouldn't own a Razorback. Plus if looks could kill the Xiphos would have slaughtered a good chunk of the world's population by now
    Under_Score247
    this is the guitar. that makes you say wow just from the first second you put your eyes on it
    filthylittleboy
    MorbidVirus
    the reviews iv found on these arent really optimistic, im sure as hell getting one of these someday, they look amazing
    GuitarPlayer716
    Looks good as far as Ibanez is concerned, which I suppose isn't saying much...I'm sticking with my ESP.
    sebwillis1
    i don't know if i got a bad one or not but the egde III trem was horrendous, one divebomb and every single string went flat. i even went out and bought an SG a few weeks after i bought that cos it was pretty much unplayable =\.
    rzemon
    This guitar kicks ass. I only wish there was a version with a tune-o-matic bridge.