XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

Purchased from: samedaymusic

It suits my musical style great because my style is very broad and this guitar can cover anything a 6 string solid body should. I have only used it with a small Fender practice amp and it still sounds amazing, rich full sound, bright if you want it bright, I like it.

I play many styles and this matches all of them, been playing for 3 years, I also own an Epiphone g400 and the playability on this is better for me, I'm not really into baseball bat necks, the thin necks are just more fun. If it were lost I would get a 7 string similar to this one, I chose this guitar over others because of it's stunning looks, the 24 frets, and I wanted the x shape.

This guitar will withstand Live, the hardware will last the strap buttons are solid. I can depend on it, the finish is tough and beautiful. It's reliable, it's durable, nothing wrong at all with this guitar. The hardware is good. It's Ibanez what else can I say?

the guitar was set up nice, the action was low like I like it, the pickups were fine, everything top notch, it did have a small scratch on one of the fins but the company was fine about it and I don't blame Ibanez, I think it was the fault of the reseller.

Made in 2007, in China, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5 scale neck thru maple/walnut neck, it has a cool chameleon finish available in either a blue/green or red/gold I got the blue/green and it really looks amazing. Plays nice, fast, the x shape is sort of cool, really thin body, with a thin Ibanez neck. The edge III tremolo works as good as any Floyd Rose imo, DiMarzio pickups with 3 way selector.

MKJ
    One of the more unique guitars ibanez is offering....but in my opinion id prefer an RG to xiphos but hey thats just me.
    tigerking615
    I'm trying to decide between this or the RG1570. That one's like 200 more than this, but I'll buy a $175 OFR for this and then it'll be perfect! Seriously, except Edge III, this is a fantastic value, $650 for neck-thru, 24 fret mahogany, d activators (best pups ever)
    x Misanthropy x
    Im sellin my xiphos, gonna get a prestige 7 string instead, i regret buying it tbh, the edge is abosolute bollocks,last time i ever buy a guitar with a crap tremelo,if you dont use it, it stays in tune alright, if DO you use it, goes out of tune quite often, one thing i do like is the neck and the pickups, low end of the pickups aint bad, prefer my emgs but the highs are very nice,you can hear each note perfectly, i prefer the highs on these D-act...compared to my emgs. if u are thinking of buying this guitar keep in mind the floyd is abosloute crap so i suggest u block/dont use it/put in a better one, apart from thats its an ok medium level guitar
    leads_usdr2
    I admit the tremelo isnt even nearly as good as an OFR, but actually its not THAT bad either.... you have to give it some time for the springs to stretch and set in. Once set, give it a serious bridge setup depending on the tuning u use [In my case, as i always play in d or 1-step-down tuning and use extra light gauge strings, i had to take of one of the three tremelo springs and leave only two to do the job.] It took me whole two days to level the bridge and get the perfect tuning at the same time.... but u can expect to do these sort of little sacrifices for the price u're getting this thing for. It's been about three months since i last had to tune my guitar, only the fine tuners to correct any minor slack-off. U shudn't hav any problem doing any 'basic' tremelo stuff with it.....