XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

I play anything from death metal to jazzy blues to video-game sounding shred. This guitar does all of it! The pick-ups are truly amazing. I compared this to my old guitar and my face melted with shred, and then was frozen back together by the death metal tones I crave. Simply outstanding. Very clean, and no mud even on the sear leads that keep you awake at night.

This is I great match for the many styles I play, and it's just life saving angelic metal tone. I definitely would, however, get an axe more suited for cutting down trees if this was stolen, and I would find the robber, mistake him for a tree, and magically wake up in the morning with my guitar back, and turn on the news to find a tragic tale of an angry lumberjack and somebody he thought was a tree.

The hardware is amazing. I would definitely trust this for Live. I would always bring a back-up, but this thing could eat me alive. I hit it hard once, and there was a more of a dent in the thing I hit with it than a mere scuff on the guitar. Definitely going to last a while.

The action was life-changing. The pick-ups were great. God's in His heaven all's right with the metal. However, the strap holders are kinda funky-placed, and I prefer metal. Everything but the strap holders was mind-bogglingly-mind-blowing. Simply perfect.

Not quite sure where it was made(I think in India) but it's awesome. It's got 24 frets of blazing fury on a thin Wizard II Thru-Neck. It's awesome. The green- color- changy finish is the icing on a cake of fury. The neck is great for shred, and the pick-ups? They are pure thrashing bliss! Anything from death metal to neo-classical will melt your face, and then pay for the prosetic one! It's got an Edge III Double-Locking Tremolo bridge for sonic amazingness of fury! The springs took a little to stretch in, put after that, you'd think you were riding a Harley for the roars you can get out of it!

Vitooch
    yea one of my buddies has this, killer guitar but to me the dimarzio's sound a little muddy, and i have o agree with al the people who said it nosedives...it nosedives like hell. i couldnt go a full minute of playing standing wit this without adjusting the guitar up again. but overall its got some awsome kick
    kneeseb
    in england where i live you can only get them in those dogey cameleon colours. but in america u can get them in black!!!
    BurningTheLives
    Played this at samash the other day. Great guitar all round. I don't know why people complain about the edge III. I have two ibanezes with these and for a half a year I haven't had problem at all. People need to learn to set up trems before they buy a guitar with one and then complain about how it's hard to tune.