XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

Price paid: C$ 900

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

I play mainly metal, but I'm trying to shy away from it. FOR metal though, this is fan-friggin-tastic. You can dive bomb all day provided the strings are warm and it'll stay tuned. The sound you get from the DiMarzio D-Activators is very loud, but it maintains it's definition. I play thru a Line 6 120 watt. I think the better sounding of the two pickups is the neck. They both sound amazing, don't get me wrong, but the neck pickup on my SA series is garbage, so in comparison it sounds much better. It has a very bottom end tone to it. Very thick. There isn't any fret buzz. There's no hum. Best metal guitar I've owned so far. And although it is a metal guitar, the cleans are very nice and it will play almost anything, though I highly doubt you'll be playin some old man cuntry with this. (that's right, no o in country. Thanks Quagmire)

Awesome. Buy it. If someone bought it, i'd burn them. Then hit them hit this pointy SOB. The only thing i wish i did was wait till' the HardTail was out in production to buy it. I compared this to A a Warrior, a DK2M Dinky, and a Alexi Laiho LTD. Better than all of them. R.I.P. Billy Powell, say hi to Ronnie for me.

OK, there are is an issue arrising now that I've owned it for awhile. The bridge keeps fading from low to high volume. I'm sure it's just minor, like a bad solder or something. The balance of the guitar is less than par as well. It can be fixed easily by moving the strap buttons closer to the jack, but I don't have the balls to drill holes in that paint job. The hardware will definitley last a lifetime, very nice black nickel finish. I would use a backup to gig, but I think it could hold it's own. I've heard that a lot of new factory Ibanez's are poorly wired from the factory, but once that is fixed I'm sure it'd be fine. The paint is REALLY thick and durable, I've hit it off of headboards, weight benches, the wall, the amp, the TV, the computer desk, my girlfriend, the floor, the stove, ETC. and it still looks new. Can I give it an 11?

I set it up to my specs as soon as I got it, but overall, it was decently set up from the factory. The pickups were a little high and so was the action. All fixed tho. Besides all the adjustables, the finish was flawless, and gorgeous, and everything was the way it shoulda been.

24 Blazing frets, wrapped in a cream binding and laid to rest on a 5 piece maple/walnut thru body neck. The paint is thick and sinister looking. You see pictures, but they don't do justice. It was very well built for an Indonesian guitar. The wings are all mahogany. The bridge isn't my thing because I realize now that vibratos aren't for me, but someone Who likes them would probably enjoy the Edge 3. The DiMarzios are great.

poxond
    lol, no the story goes i was jammin out to chimaira and she came downstairs, didn't see her and right at the breakdown headbangin, i hit her leg. No, i'd never hit her on purpose, that's funny tho. Hey, dethonator, first review. How'd i do?
    hotrats57
    I brought one of these a year ago and i still love it. the only problems i had with it were the obvious neck diving thing, but thats easily sorted by adjusting the position of the strap buttons. Also the edge 3 is abit too fragile for my liking, it takes so long to get in tune when replacing strings, but once in tune, it stays in tune. Overall though, a great guitar, the dimazios sound great through my randall rg75
    The^Unforgiven
    I don't really see the problem with the somewhat unconventional strap button placement. It felt a bit awkward at first but I got used to it really quick and it feels as natural as a strat or a les paul when playing standing up.
    king666nothing
    This is the guitar of my dream. I wish I could afford it. And it seems like everybody who owns this guitar loves it, which makes me even more pissed.