XPT700 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700

Price paid: A$ 980

Purchased from: Coastal Music

This guitar is very versatile and suits alot of music styles, from metal to blues. I am running this through a Marshall MG50M with a Boss chorus, Metal Core and acoustic simulator with a Cry Baby Wah, the sound is amazing, it gives good crunch which is perfect for rock and metal. The guitar has a very dark/full sound and is not noisy at all. The guitars tremolo can pull off a huge variety of sounds and the pickups are real killers. The DiMarzios are absolutely perfect for this guitars set up. But the guitar gets slightly buzzy if you leave it standing for a while with the amp on.

I play metal and this guitar fits this style perfectly, I've been playing for nearly 5 years and this guitar fits perfect for me. I love that this guitar is so versatile and that it can withstand so much, if it were stolen I would definitely buy a new one. My favourite feature is the neck because it is so strong and easy to play, it is amazingly comfortable and fast. I got this guitar as a birthday present, it was between this and the 25th Anniversary S series from Ibanez but I got this because I was looking for a real shred machine, I highly recommend this guitar to any shredder, it is a really great guitar.

YouTube preview picture

I've never played live with this guitar but it is very reliable and I would definitely use it live, even without a back up. The hardware seems very durable and strong and will most likely last long, it has nice and solid strap buttons but I have replaced them with strap locks. I depend on this guitar on a lot and trust it to not mess up or go out of tune. The finish scratches quite easily unfortunately but as I said before the hardware is very durable and can take a beating. The guitar is very dependable.

The guitar was set up very well at the factory, but it was tuned to standard so I changed the tuning to drop C, and the tremolo is a PAIN to set up at first but once you get the hang of it it is really easy. I don't really know much about the pick up adjustment but they work just fine. I had slight fret buzz at first but after I set the guitar up it disappeared. The guitar had no flaws that I could notice besides the pickup selector which is very noisy - you can hear it through the amp sometimes.

This guitar was made earlier this year and was made in Indonesia, it has 24 Jumbo frets and the neck is maple and the fret board is rosewood. The neck is reversed, and has Shark tooth inlays. It has a solid top and is made of basswood and has a gloss black finish but is also available in Red Chameleon. It has extra crunchy DiMarzio D-Activator Passive Pickups which are great for metal and has a 3 way pickup selector. It has a volume knob and a tone knob. It has Ibanez tuners and a Ibanez Edge III Tremolo, which receives a lot of hate but in my opinion is great. The guitar comes with a custom Xiphos hard case.

Way Cool JR.
    Please stop attaching videos to reviews UG!! Almost every one you attach is a different guitar than is being reviewed. The review is for a XPT700 24 fret guitar and you attach a vid for a 27 fret XPT700XHGSF.