XPT700XH review by Ibanez

Ibanez: XPT700XH

The sound of this guitar is unlike any other that I have tried. It can be heavy and brutal, as well as light and relaxing. I play heavy metal so I normally keep it distorted and drop tuned. I play it through an Acoustic 120 watt head, and a Raven 260 watt 4x12 cab. The sounds you can get out of it are amazing, it is more geared toward metal, but can play other things. The low end is really deep and chuggy, while the high end screams through, the D Activator pick up squeelies so well, however because of the trem system it can be a little tricky to find the squeelie point. Over all this guitar is a metal master, and okay at other sounds to.

I play heavy/death metal, and this guitar is perfect for that, the low end is chuncky, but the mids and highs can be melodic, and sing through, and on top of that, it has looks that can kill. I have been playing guitar for 10 years, but only really got in to it 4 years ago. I have owned this guitar for a year. I also have a starter Ibanez GIO, and a Robb Flynn Love/Death Flying V. I wish I would have asked what strings to put on it, the bridge is set for .9s. If my guitar were stolen/ lost after I got done crying I would repurchase it. I love the over all quality of it, as well as the features. The only thing I hate about it is the fact it takes a long time to adjust the bridge for different tunings. My favorite feature is the 27 frets, just that much room for experimentation is great. I have not tried anything that would be a fair comparison, for the GIO was a beginner guitar and the Flying V is a fixed bridge, you can't compare a fixed and a trem, there are ment for 2 different things. I honestly think that it is perfect the way it is, nothing needs to be added or subtracted.

This guitar is a tank. I have played several live shows with it, and it works perfectly, the hardware seems sturdy, after one year of heavy duty playing everything is still solid. The only thing is the edge 3 need some tlc every month or so, but that's not to bad. The strap buttons are solid as a rock, no problem there. I use this as my only guitar for gigs, no need for a back up, because it is very reliable, and won't let you down, your strap might (mine broke) but the guitar itself is solid as solid can be.

The guitar came set up nicely in drop c sharp. The action was amazing, the strings were literally as low as they could go with out getting to much fret buzz. The pickups sounded awesome right out of the box, and were well put together. The guitar it self came with a small chip on the corner, but I didn't mind, it kind of gave it character. The controls and everything else were perfect, it was a fine work or ART by the boys at Ibanez.

- Year: 2011 - Frets: 27 - Neck: thin and flat - Top: solid - Body: mahogany - Neck: 3 piece maple walnut - Finish: Flat green - Body Style: Xiphos (x shaped) - Bridge: wizard 3 trem - Pickups: Passive DiMarzio D Activator on the bridge, and passive DiMarzio Air Norton S on the neck - Controls: One volume knob, one tone knob, 3 way toggle switch

Templar980
    God I want this guitar. It looks sick and I love the pickups. But it is sorta disappointing that the trem isn't that good. Anyone know any guitars that are this style that are preferably and hard-tail or a floyd?
    mastergon
    A$ 1500? You serious?
    jeffmetalhead
    Yeah this model had just come out and it was at a retail store...looking back at buying it then it was overpriced but I could afford it so what the hell...I sold it 2 months ago for $500 aus