IE-1 Strat review by Indiana Guitar Company

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Indiana Guitar Company: IE-1 Strat

Purchased from: Local Shop

I play a little bit of everything but mainly anything rock, metal, blues, and jazz. The pickups sound okay as they are with effects like light distortions and blues effects it holds up. If you add a heavy distortion the pickup hum is unbearable. This instrument is not versatile until you replace the pickups. I replaced them with Seymour Duncan HOT Rail and after the replacement I would rate the sound at 9 or 10.

I've been playing for a few years now and I practice at least 2 hours daily. As I said I play many genres of music but I mainly play metal, rock, blues, and some jazz. This fits with my style after I changed the pickups and bridge. I love it now. I hate that it took so many modifications to finally make it sound great but it was all worth it. I bought it to rebuild but I didn't think it would have taken so much. My ratings are based off of what it sounded like before the changes.

The guitar is not reliable at first but after about $150 of spending it can sound as good as any strat. The strap buttons are tight and firm, the hardware seems cheap and shoddy after a few hours of playing. The finish is the best thing about mine. I wanted a pink guitar and it had a deep rich finish. The other Indiana IE-1 guitars had nice finishes as well the red ones look great. I would not suggest gigging with this guitar without a few modifications.

The fretwire was pretty poor as well I had to file the fretwire myself, some of the tuning pegs were loose. The action is pretty poor also. I changed bridges due to the problems with the Fulcrum Tremolo system. I found no flaws with the finish I got mine in a pepto bismol like pink and it looks great. The electronic configuration and wiring was fine.

Alder Solid Body Nickel Frets Sealed Die-Cast Keys Adjustable Trussrod 22 Fret Maple Neck Matched Spitfire Pickups Vintage Fulcrum Tremolo 5-way toggle Switch 1 Volume 2 Tone Tremelo Bar Triple Ply Pickguard 10 Year Warranty This guitar is a nice instrument for a beginner. The neck is a little rough its not smooth and I sanded my a little. The Fulcrom Tremolo is a bad copy of a Vintage floyd rose. When you use it the guitar will go way out of tune. The Spitfire pickups are okay.

tristan_deity
    Robbin'TheHood wrote: @Grimpond not all ibanez are beginner level, mainly the Gios,the prestige are nice
    Really? Not all Ibanez are beginner level? Your a ****ing genius mate.
    The^Unforgiven
    What's a 'Vintage Floyd Rose', lol. It's called a Synchronized tremolo, or a vintage tremolo, or a Fulcrum.
    rv_phoenix
    If it needed so many adjustments and replacements, then it isn't a good instrument for a beginner: quite the opposite! It's sheer crap, made to fool people who buy their guitars online. (Surprisingly, our fellow went to a shop to buy his firewood!) But the most curious thing to me is the pickups replacement: if you afforded three SD Hot Rails, why the hell did you buy such a piece of junk, instead of a guitar?...
    Grimpond
    Yep, if you need a beginner fiddle, strap on an Ibanez or a nice Epi.
    Seref
    "Vintage floyd rose" Stopped reading right there. There needs to be a General Guitar Knowledge Quiz that you need to pass before being allowed to put a review. The idiocy is outstanding. I mean... if you confuse a vintage Fender-style 6 point fulcrum trem for a "vintage floyd rose" then you have no business reviewing a guitar.
    Linkerman
    Seref wrote: There needs to be a General Guitar Knowledge Quiz that you need to pass before being allowed to put a review. The idiocy is outstanding.
    100% agreed. UG needs to set a minimum quality standard for reviews, instead of accepting every single piece that is submitted.
    tristan_deity
    You should say more things that are obvious.
    Grimpond
    @robbinthehood, thanks for the heads up dude, all this time Ive been thinkin' my RG1527 was a budget model :\
    Tjet612
    thf24
    Uh huh... not just trying to save face with a contrived story, are you?
    Tjet612
    thf24 wrote: Tjet612 wrote: I agree that UG should check more carefully even though this was posted under my profile it was submitted by my drunken student and his drunk brother who have played my IE-1. They found my laptop open an on the review i was making which was unfinished. The only thing that i typed was the sound, impression, and reliability. When i saw what they did i was pretty pissed. They dont know anything about parts of guitars only how to play. Please forgive me im trying to take this off but i dont know how if its possible. I wished UG would check more carefully because it would have stopped this p.o.s. exuse of a review from ever being posted. Uh huh... not just trying to save face with a contrived story, are you?
    a floyd rose is a locking nut tremolo system that allows the player to do crazy sh** like dive bombs and the guitar will stay in tune or close to in tune. Then using the fine tuners it is easy to put the guitar back in tune. Ibanez makes a copy of the Floyd Rose that is still a great system i have the ibanez S470DXQM and it has an Ibanez ZR Tremolo system. A Fulcrum is the basic system that is featured on numerous fender guitars especially strats and the numerous strat imitations like the IE-1.
    Poopr