Sun Extreme Custom review by Indie

Indie: Sun Extreme Custom

Price paid: € 500

Purchased from: Second Hand

I have a diverse music style. I used to be in a metal band, now I play In Rock/indie. I play it to emphasize acoustic singer/songwriter sets as well. I play acoustic mainly but I needed a great sounding electric. This guitar I have to say is seriously diverse so it really suits my needs. A total of six settings (Bridge, middle, and neck pickups) with both single coil and humbucker, give many different tones. The clean sound was what I was looking for, as I feel distortion can be got cia good pedals, but I really like this. It ranges from warm and bassy, to crisp, bright, great clean sounds can be gotten. The distortion is good, not as heavy as my other guitar (an Ibanez) but I do not see that as a bad thing.

For all the styles of music I play, I use this guitar. It's versatile and durable. Indie are not a well known name in guitars (yet) but they used to build guitars for other well known companies. That expertise shows. This is not a starter guitar, the whole thing has an air of quality. I am not a beginner, playing about 6 years now, and I am very happy with this guitar. The action could have been lower when I got it, but I got it second hand so that might have been a personal preference from the guy before me. Esthetically, this guitar is gorgeous. I love the inlay, and the binding, its striking. I love Strats, but if you ever want a great guitar that really holds up, and is a little more "original" without going overboard, go for one of these. If I lost, yeah I'd buy another. For sound reviews, check YouTube, I have seen there are a few up there. Peace!

I have played a few gigs with this now, and it is a durable, versatile guitar. Starp buttons solid. The quilted maple top is very durable, as well as being beautiful to look at. The hardware all over the guitar is built to last, I happily use this guitar at gigs.

The action when I recieved it was a little high- (I'm no beginner, but I suppose I'm comparing it to my Ibanez here and that's a little unfair!) But I did have it taken down. Tune-o-matic bridge makes for easy adjustments too. The intonation and pickups were good, no complaints there.

Blackburst Model. I bought this guitar second hand, though it was in perfect condition. It was a few years old when I got it, it originally cost about 1000euro. It has 22 frets. String go through the body for added sustain. It has the Indie shape body, double cutaway. It has a quilted maple top, and a binding all around the body and fretboard. One distinctive feature is the sun decal on the 12th fret of the fretboard which is the only fretmarker. 2 Humbucking pickups, which simple controls, 3 way selector. It has a coil tap as well, also a tone knob. Gibson style Tune-o-matic Bridge, and grover tuneing knobs.

koerok
    Sounds like an cool G. My guitar teacher has one black with white pin stripes ... Really cool and it sounds superb. Nice ! ^_^
    33SLASH33
    Really good looking guitar. Seems like sound of this one must be pretty cool I'd like to try one
    Robbgnarly
    Looks like the Peavey Jack Daniels model
    mdt464
    I've owned both (and still own Indie's) and the Indie is way better (in every department) and more veratile than the Peavey - not that the Peavey JD is a bad guitar, I liked that too.
    jdrenshaw
    All "Indie" guitars are very good value for money,and construction is suberb.There are two Indie Sun Extremes on Ebay UK right now one has only one bid @£120 the other asking £275 or best offer. I have 7 Indie guitars,I would like one of these one day but right now I am bidding on a one off Indie IPR Anniversary,I just can't justify buying two more! John.