IGP03 review by ION

ION: IGP03

Purchased from: Tesco

The tone is fairly bright (due to the single coils), and it's hard to get rid of that brightness with the distortion. The tones and EQ settings can be changed to turn into a deep bass (and I meen deep). The amp has a lot of power for its price, which is a good thing. The clean setting on the amp also seems to make the noise seem very sharp, which is what I like (unusual tones). Speaking of tones, the single coils aren't the best at picking up harmonics. In two words, the sound would be called sharp and chunky, great if you like Franz Ferdinand.

I do play a lot of Franz Ferdinand, and the guitar suits it because of its sound. I've played for about 9 months, and I still love it, and I still use the amp for my Jackson RR3. The EQ settings though are harder to use because it doesn't use Treble etc. I didn't know how guitars worked before I purchased this, so I would've asked what made a decent guitar and gone from there. If it were stolen, I could say that I'd want another, because of its bright, chunky sound. This is a grate product for people starting to play.

It has a 1 year guarantee if that helps. I don't think this guitar will survive a live play, seeing as when I tried it, the strings snapped. However, if you want to be like The Who, trashing everything onstage, buy one of these because they are really cheap. The finish is fairly thick, but the hardware and the premature string aging will stop it lasting a gig. This is more for beginners starting guitar really.

I remember that, when I first played it, the action was a bit too high, but that was easily fixed. The pick ups really had no impact when raising or lowering, so that was a bit concerning, but nothing was loose or broken and the selectors weren't dirty. Any strings however, will go out of tune using the whammy bar.

This was my first electric guitar because it was cheap and had all the basics. It includes 2 Allen wrenches (one for the bridge, the other for the Truss rod), spare set of steal strings, a tuner (not electric), 3" guitar cable, 3 guitar picks (bright pink, mud brown and a dark green all under 1mm thick) and an instruction booklet with some chord diagrams (all the basics). It also has a 15 watt amp including: 3 EQ settings- high, mid and low with a selection of gain and distortion/clean, 1 input and one output for headphones. Apparently, it has a custom 5" woofer. The guitar itself has 3 single coils with a 5-way selector. The bridge has a whammy bar, chrome frets, a maple solid wood body, a hard maple wood neck with rose wood for the fret board. The tuners are chrome Die-Cast. It only comes in "sunburst" and the single coils are "iGT03" Pickups. Its a Fender Strat copy, so it won't have a double locking tremolo. It has one volume control and 2 tone controls.

stboney
    this was my first EVER axe aswell, i luv it to bits, fukd up and stikerd it may be with a huge chip giving her its name, its still my pride n joy, havent played in ags though, i just got an acoustic for my bday