IGP03 review by ION

ION: IGP03

Price paid: C$ 199.99

Purchased from: The Source

With only the amp and no additional effects, the package does not suit my music style (punk, classic rock, and rarely metal) on the count of the single coils get very bright sounds. I bought myself a MetalZone MT-2 (I know, some of you think it's crap but I love it) and now it sounds just great. One of the things I don't like though is that there is a lot of like background noise in the amp, and a lot of feedback (on mine anyway) which is why I'm planning on getting myself a better clean amp.

Like I said before, punk, classic, and sometimes metal is what I play, and I wouldn't say this is a good match, but with some effects, it's perfect. I have been playing for about 2 months (I bought the guitar 2 years ago and really didn't touch it until 2 months ago). I was lucky I chose this one and not the one that was next to it that my friend chose, cause his is just crap, loose frets, knobs pop off, and I don't think his selector even works. So I was lucky and I guess I didn't need to ask much. If it were stolen/lost, I'd be very upset as this is my first guitar and when I grow up I wanna frame it (call me old fashioned), but if it were stolen, I'd probably buy an ESP or an Epiphone SG. I love this guitar because it's cheap, and it has absolutely everything a beginner would ask for. It's just an awesome guitar which I plan to teach my kids to play with one day, that is if it's still alive. I wish it had a better amp, but what can I ask for with 200 bucks.

I've had this guitar for maybe two years, and it's still working mighty fine, and it does seem like it'll last very long, nothing really broke, the strap buttons are really solid, but judging from the price, just in case I would bring a back up. This thing has gone through a lot. I mean I think I've dropped it a couple times, and my sister has done some things to it, and it still seems pretty fine.

Actually the action in my opinion isn't too bad, nothing is loose on mine and the build quality is pretty good. I liked the finish, and I didn't notice any flaws really.

Comes with a sunburst Strat-like guitar with single coil pickups, one volume, two tone knobs, 5-way selector. Guitar strap (lost it), Crappy Harmonica as a tuner (lost it), 2 packs of spare strings (lost it and used DR's and D'addarios instead), 10 ft. Patch cable (broke), and a 15 watt amplifier. Oh yeah, and a crappy whammy bar (lost it). The only things worth keeping really are the guitar and the amp.

jagy
    i have this package the guitar sounds allright when i play it on the schools fender amps but the am that came with it is a frickin pile of shit