IGP04A review by ION

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
ION: IGP04A

Purchased from: hhGregg

I don't think this guitar would suit any style really, just messing around. The amp that comes with it is useable, but less than satisfactory. It has a volume, high, mid, and low settings. No Drive or anything. If you get close to any electronics or anything that plugs in, it buzzes really bad. It still buzzes no matter what though. You can get a few different sounds if you adjust everything a lot. It can sound really muffeled or really bright. I just turn everything to the right on the amp and deal with it. It gets pretty loud I guess.

I'd say this package is good if you aren't serious about guitar. I wish my parents had asked me about what was an ok deal before they got this. I've been playing it for about 6 months now and it looks like I'm stuck with it for a while, but it's better than nothing. I think replacing the amp would help a lot though. I would be glad if it was stolen because then I could get something to suit what I need. If you are really interested in guitar, like I was, save up and get something nicer.

This guitar actually seems pretty solid. I've hit the head on the ceiling a few times (low ceiling). I've never had problems with the strap buttons. I wouldn't play it at a gig because of the poor sound. I made a scratch on the finish on the back with my belt and the pickguard has scratches on it, but that stuff is normal.

I don't know much about guitars, but it was playable right after I tuned it. I'm sure someone experienced would beg to differ. The whammy bar doesn't do a thing, which is disappointing. It stays in tune well and it looks pretty.

- 22 Frets - Strat style body - String-thru body bridge - Volume knob, 2 tone knobs, 5-way selector - 3 Single coil pickups - Package comes with guitar, amp, cable, strap, whammy bar, set of strings, 3 picks, pitch pipe, and maintenance tools.

aidandude
    its not, if you turn the clean channel volume past 2 it gets distorted, and on the distorted channel you cant get ANY gain.