IGP04A review by ION

ION: IGP04A

Purchased from: Fingerhut Magazine

I like to play a lot classic stuff but I play anything really exept rap and techno and shit like that. I have had this for about a year and I still have the amp it came with. So far I use 3 Behringer pedals-distortion/overdrive, blues overdrive and ultra phaser. I could not be more happy with this amp setup. The guitar sounds awesome but the pickups are noisy just like any other single coils. This guitar is perfect for those Who just want to play anything and "shoot the shit" allday. The neck pickup is great for most hard rock with a pedal while the bridge pickup is good for blues, country and that stuff. I don't frig around with the middle pickup very much.

I play most types of music mostly classic rock and this guitar suits it great.I have been playing for about 5 years so I know what I'm talking about. I have gotten every sound I need with this guitar. I would buy it agian if it got stolen. The one thing I dislike is the strap button, it sucks but you can always buy a new one for like $10. Buy this guitar if you cant afford a Gibson or a Fender like me. Whoever the other guy that said the tremelo bar sucks must be a crack because I love it and it works great. its my favorite part of the guitar.

This guitar is very durable. I use it for small gigs but you can use for larger gigs to. You can trust it for gigs to but alawys have a backup with any guitar of mine. The hardware and finish is not worn at all except a couple battle scars from my playing.

The guitar was great right out of the box. Pickups were great, bridge was great, nothing was loose and everything was where they should be. The finish was great when it got to my house.

This is a Strat styled guitar. The wood sounds like maple but I'm not sure and the fretboards rosewood. It has 22 frets. The finish is a really sweet sunburst color. The brige is a string thu body. There is 1 vol knob and two tone knobs with a 5-way selector. Has three single coil pickups. Comes with some cool stuff to get you started. The amp is awesome if you have some pedals. It goes really loud and I've turned all the knobs on it up without blowing the speakers.

[.Malice.]
    Pay no attention to the wierd asshats. I got a friend of mine, who's been playing for 5 years to give this one a shot. ( I own it, but I suck. ) He twisted some knobs and fixed some shit I screwed up and he made it sound golden. Hell, he said it played better than he expected, especially for a beginning guitar. If you suck at playing guitar, then, ironically, this is not the guitar for you. If you're sort of ok, this'll be your axe for as long as you want it.
    dedguitar
    this guitar is a piece. dont put any strings that are heavier than 9's or the tuners just dont work. no matter how much u ajust the pick ups, u cant get a decent sound out of it at all