IGP04A review by ION

• Reviewer's score: 3.4 Poor
ION: IGP04A

Purchased from: present

It has a sound alright! The sound sucks. The amp sucks. The amp always sound like it is on drive, no matter what you do, unless you turn down the volume dial on the guitar all the way down (which for any of you noobs looking at this is a bad thing, you always want the volume control as high as possible on the guitar). The guitar itself has an okay sound but the amp just sucks. The tone dials pretty much don't do anything, I have an Epiphone Les Paul 100 and that kicks the crap out of this.

I have been playing for over a year, and I know, "omg he hasn't been playing long at all, I am not reading this" but, please do, this guitar sucks. Don't buy it. if someone stole it I would be happy for them, I would never hear of it again, except it would suck a little because I woudn't be able to use a whammy again but who cares? My Les Paul 100 is awesome, I love it, it was cheap, it sounds great. As I said before the friggin amp is piece of crap so if someone stole that, I would probably my friend across the street from me's amp he has a Fender amp, not sure what kind but it is awesome, and he doesn't play much anyway.

This guitar, I would never ever use live, ever. The strap buttons come loose within second even after taking to a shop and having them drill the holes deeper and thinner, the holes were too big in the first place for the screw. The paint chips sort of easily and I found many little dents where my belt and button is on my pants. As I said before the wires came apart inside of where you plug in the cable.

I don't remember how the action was when I got it, as soon as I got it, I needed it repaired for the place where you plug the cable into fell apart along with the wires. The neck pickup needed to be lowered, for I couldn't play any high fret stuff and the bridge pickup needed to be raised, it was like in the guitar. There weren't any flaws with the guitar but it came apart like crap over time.

Look at the other users comments, I'm not seriously going to write about that, too long, except the cable is a piece of crap, it is slightly too small and if you touch it while it is in the guitar you can lose all sound. I mean it had the gig bag and stuff but throw out the tuner thingy as soon as you get it if you happen to get this guitar, it is a piece of crap and doesn't do anything, if you are a beginning guitarist, you won't be able to mach the tones on the pitch pipe with the tones on the guitar.

ConfusedBirdman
    this thing is a pos alright but, to wakeboarder2...you don't always want your volume all the way up...and from past experience, especially on strats, you get a completely diff tone with different volumes.
    digitalox
    bluesblaster
    digitalox wrote: Run for the hills whenever you see "Steel reinforced neck" on a guitar, and from restaurants that advertise A/C.
    i could not agree more
    Khamhead
    I own one and all i did was get bigger gauge string 58,52,42,36,17,13 and a different Amp a Spider 3 120 with different effects and messed around to get that low end disortion that i want tuned down to B standard and let a ripe. The guitar itself i had a problem with the wiring inside the plug jack but i fixed it myself by rewrapping the wire around the piece and closed hasent ****ed up on yet. the only problem that still is bothering me is if i decide to tune up to a drop c or the tighter my string get the higher off the board theyll get. Overall I NEED A NEW GUITAR!!! im going to get me a Washburn 7 string for 200 bucks. or an ibanez.
    eddiehimself
    yeah, i mean it can't have many good features if they have to start talking about the "steel reinforced neck" i mean wtf else will it be reinforced by, poo?