Lusso II review by Italia

Italia: Lusso II

Purchased from: Ebayer

It must first be noted that both humbuckers are of high quality and put out a full-bodied tone. I find that the guitar quite adequately fits the bill for all musical genres (Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz, etc.). Fans of split-coil switching will be disappointed to know that it is not an option. Although, easy enough to install. Since is is equipped with only 1 tone & volume knob adjusting for individual pickup volume in the center position is also not an option. But for some, like me, it is an "I care not" detail. When I first got it there was a slight buzz. I soon pinned it down to the TailPiece. It rides so close to the guitar the vibration of the string was causing it to resonate. This was easily addressed by putting a small strip of painters tape on it's underside. Problem solved. The controls mounting gives it a certain retro look which I think makes it unique. And although the lower half of the body is chambered like the top the single F-Hole add character and further refines the look. There is little doubt that it is a cool looking instrument with the sound to back it!

Unique cut. Retro look. Great appointments. Quality parts. Plays and sounds great. I'm in love!!!

Judging from how solid this guitar feels I don't foresee having any issues.

Like with any guitar I've ever bought I had to play with the tross rod and Bridge a bit to get it to my liking. 'Hardly worth mentioning. The action now is superb. As of yet I haven't found any flaws with the finish.

2011 Italia Lusso II - Made is South Korea. (Body Details) Style: Semi-Hollow Top Wood: Carved Spalted Maple Body Wood: Mahogany Binding: Creme Finish: Gloss (Hardware & Controls) Pickups: Wilkinson Humbuckers Pickup Switch Type: 3-way Pickup Selector Controls: Volume Hardware: Chrome Bridge: Tune-O-Matic Tuners: Italia (Neck & FretBoard) Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood Fretboard Inlays: Trapezoid Fret Size: Medium Jumbo Neck Joint: Set neck Neck Wood: Maple Number of Frets: 22 Scale Length: 24-3/4 String Nut: Synthetic Bone The body really is stunning to look at. It is the most aesthetically pleasing guitar I've ever owned. Everyone I've shown it to, musician or not, all have the same "Wow" response when I open the case. The neck is an absolute dream. The frets are medium jumbos at just the right height. Very easy to play and quite adequate upper fret access. The trapezoid inlays add to the aesthetic appeal. The Head Stock in my opinion has a bit of a Flint-Stone look to it lacking in character but the Tuners make up for it as they are very precise. The Nut is self-lubricating. No string binding here. Although I do love this guitar it would be unfair not to mention my one slight pet peeve. The body, having some weight to it, will tend to want to throw the neck up into the air if you're not side just so. Of course when hanging from a guitar strap there's no issue.

Basti95
    Straight 10s are always pretty hard to swallow, mate (even though it IS called Italia )...could throw in a little more objectivity. That being said, it looks like a fine guitar and a pretty good bargain so WOW.
    Epirechaun694
    I agree. ^ Pretty good review though, good call with the painter's tape too. I never would have thought of that.
    Sansfield
    yeah straight 10s when you have mentioned drawbacks; especially the fact that you had to add tape to the guitar to prevent buzzing shows that it cant be a perfect guitar; clearly you love this guitar however this does not make it a perfect instrument.