Modena Classic review by Italia

Italia: Modena Classic

Purchased from: Sound Control

For the style I play, which is heavy indie/experimental/Radiohead-ish/blues, the sound is ideal. Superb sustain and unbelievable range of tones. From playing a nice clean riff to slamming into it like it had just slept with my girlfriend it did the job perfectly. I'm using my M-Audio Black box with the guitar so the review is reasonably universal to the type of amp used.

If you play anything between soft Indie and hard rock I'd recommend this guitar. It wouldn't look right in a metal* band (though the guitarist from Kid Rock* uses one). I can't say there's anything I dislike about it. I would have preferred it in green but we can't have everything now can we? If it's good enough for Iggy Pop, it's good enough for me! I use the term metal loosely in this reference.

I'd say this guitar is as solid as a brick wall. It's gonna take a lot of bashing before I can bring it down, not that I want to. I think the finish may get some wear and tear over time, but Who wants a guitar without character? I think the I can depend on it's reliablilty to see me through.

Mine came straight out of the box (I was in the shop when it arrived). The intonation was perfect and absolutely no dodgy stringing or loose screws anywhere. I couldn't believe it. The action is just right for me, fit my style a treat. I think the finish will last a good few years too.

The Italia Modena is quite possibly the best 400 I've ever spent on musical equiptment. I know that's quite the statement to make but it can be well justified. The Modena is loaded with 3 humbuckers and and a rather traditional 5-way Switch. There is, however, a second volume knob that controls the bridge humbucker's volume on any Switch setting, giving the power to have both neck and bridge at full power without the middle doing any work. I find the bridge rather unique too. It has a retro style whammy bar and the bridge is a cylinder where the strings feed through from next to the pickups, thus the tremolo is achieved by rolling the cylinder rather than ripping your bridge off. The model I purchased is in a very shiny/glittery red (sadly they are no longer available in green). They are made in Korea (despite being called Italia) but are very well built and durable.

EmancipatedSoul
    I wouldnt say its ugly. all depends on what look the guitarist is going for. italia was always a good brand. sounds hectic
    skeebe03
    i like the maranello and imola better but that guitar stills sounds pretty hot
    weorge
    wit hno sparkles, single coils n right finish then its buff. sparkles+guitar= sad me