Christian Olde Wolbers Dinky Archtop 7-String review by Jackson

Jackson: Christian Olde Wolbers Dinky Archtop 7-String

Purchased from: Long McQuade

I run a DigiTech RP250 and a DigiTech Death Metal to a Line 6 Spider 2 which makes for a huge sound. The guitar has an ungodly bottom end when the 7th string is tuned to A and used on the amp's METAL channel, and produces a sound reminicent to Slipknot and/or Devil Driver. This guitar can satisfy pretty much any playing style, but I wouldn't see anyone playing country music with it. So the guitar is mostly suited for metal and hard rock.

This 7 string is possibly the best one you can buy out there. It will satisfy any metalhead looking to unleash the fury. I love the massive headstock, but they should have put a split coil pickup in it because the clean tones are crap, but that's not why I bought the guitar. If it was stolen, I would find the person Who stole it and kill them, because the guitar is that good! I play really heavy souns and palm muting riffs, and this guitar delivers!

This guitar is built like a tank and can kill someone if they get too close to the headstock! The strap buttons are tough as nails and the Jackson tuners keep the instrument in tune for ages. I would love to do a concert with this guitar, and would never need a backup.

The all black finish is a fingerprint haven, but that's nothing a glasses cloth can't handle. There was only one flaw in the guitar, which is some dried glue on the nut, but can be fixed with a little touch up paint. The headstock is a reversed Jackson 7 string that is absolutely huge and I was surprised that it fit in my gig bag, but there is an optional case that Jackson makes. The pickups were perfectly balanced, but was done by the guy at the store. It's a badass looking guitar though, well done Jackson, well done.

This signature guitar was made in Japan, like most other Jacksons, and is autographed by guitarist Christian Olde Wolbers of Fear Factory. This amazing 7 srting includes an active EMG-707 in the bridge, tone pros bridge with string through body, and a ridiculously large reverse headstock. The all black fininsh makes the guitar look as cool as it sounds. There is only one knob which is for volume.

LoW
    Dude, that was one great review!! I 'm gonna buy this guitar, and u just told me some stuff, that got me even more interested about this guitar \,,/
    Shredmaster42
    I just want to add something to the review I made. I got the guitar for $730.00 Can. If anyone wants to know.
    RG_FANMAN
    I kinda want this one, but would prefer the Six string version. Still sounds cool though.
    chiba666
    I own the 6 string version of this and its a great guitar, no flaws that I can see on teh body, plays very well. Just me just over 400 which is a brargin as well