Demmelition King V review by Jackson

Jackson: Demmelition King V

Plugged into a FX120 Crate and ran through a Boss Metal Core this guitar sounds amazing. The 81 EMG pickup is has a rich smooth sound and is perfect for lead. You can pinch off any riff and every note will come out clean and powerful. The 61 Emg, being perfect for rhythm and deep lead melodic riffs, is amazing set up in this guitar. It has a very subtle deep tone and every note is voiced perfectly.

I play just about everything but I usually play allot of thrash, melodic, death, and harmonic music. Such as bands like Children of Bodom, Devildriver, Lamb of God, Amon Amarth. You name it and you got it. This guitar is perfect for everything. Its got perfect tone even for those clean solos at the beginning of many of the new Lamb of god songs. It is a perfect match for me. I've been playing for a little over 3 years now, while in the first year barley playing guitar, but now I am a very dedicated player playing anywhere from 3 to 6, 7, or even 8 hours a day. I also own a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 and a Fender starter guitar. I have another amp than my FX120 Crate which is a Palomino 32 Class A Tube amp but it dosent get used much with my Jackson. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I wouldent likely buy this guitar again. Mainly cause I would do everything to get my original axe back because this thing has memories and it is mine. But in the case of not being able to get it back what ever I try, then yes I would buy it all over again.

This guitar is a very sturdy and durable guitar. I have yet to scratch any of the white off and I have owned this guitar for over a year now. There are a few very minor scratches in areas like the tips of the V and the headstock though. The hardware is very sturdy and I have had no problems with it. I switched out the strap buttons and put in some strap locks.

The guitar came shipped to me in B tuning and it was completely out of tune. First thing I did was slap on some Alexi Laiho signature DR strings and tuned up to D. The pickups on this thing seem to be at the perfect height. They arnt so low that you loose sound quality but just high enough that it dosent interfere with my picking or any of my playing and hand placements. There was one major flaw with this guitar that was quite a set back for a few months of owning this guitar - For some reason the battery pack was a little shaky and on occasion I would loose partial connection with the battery and there would be a really harsh tone coming from my amp making a ton of noise. I had this fixed by placing a few sheets of plastic behind the battery when I put it in and now the guitar sounds perfect.

This guitar is a work of art. It comes with 24 jumbo side frets on an ebony fretboard and a quite thin neck-thru-body quartersawn maple with a sleek design. The wings on this King V are made of alder with a great white finish and black binding. It has an original double locking 2 point tremolo floyd rose. It comes with an active 81 EMG bridge pickup and a 61 EMG bridge pickup with a 3 way selector. It comes with just 2 nobs controlling volume for each pickup. It unfortunatly does not come with a case and there is no specific case for this model, I wound up with getting an SKB Flying V case. I added my own touch to the Floyd Rose though. The guitar originally came equiped with 4 springs in the back but I added a 5th string and lowered the action so that the springs were forcing the back of the tremolo to lightly touch the base of the inside of the guitar so that the bridge is now a "set" bridge with a working one way whammy bar. Obviously you can't pull up on the whammy anymore but it still works perfectly. Doing this allows me to get almost every advantage of a Floyd Rose and no disadvantage of one set tuning. It takes a little bit longer than a real set bridge guitar but tuning up or down is relitavly quick and easy

2184eva1
    does anyone have the PDX version of this guitar? i cant afford this one and want to know if anyone has one cos i cant find a review of one anywhere! thanks
    BurntOffering
    There was a good review of the PDX version in this months Total Guitar magazine.The highlights basicaly were basic price of 479 which is about 500 pounds cheaper and although its definitly not as good as its brother shown on this page its very good for its price with a licenced floyd rose and 2x EMG-HZ passive humbuckers.Its basically a metal guitar thru and thru. It got 4/5 in the review and i myself am pritty impressed with the specs for the price and am concidering buying one myself. hope this has been helpful 2184eva1
    machinehead77
    texasthrasher wrote: [quote]DukeFame wrote:whos phil demmel? blasphemy!!he's the lead guitarist for Machine Fucking Head
    someone get that kid a copy of The Blackening
    machinehead77
    "Tuners are made of Jackson and they are locking quite good." ahhhh yes.....made of Jackson.....
    Good_Lord
    I ordered mine , I should get it in 4 or 5 days haha !!!! Just can't wait ...
    portalsedge
    i dont know why i torture myself reading this, there's no way i can buy that beauty
    BlackDeath92
    Can't Jackson ever come out with a guitar that doesn't have a damn Floyd Rose? Such a pain in the ass to work with. It would be nice to have this guitar with a string-thru bridge.
    UKMaster
    Getting this for xmas! Picked it up from guitar shop earlier today and tried it out and it seems to be awesome!!
    xxAnde
    s-o-u-l-f-l-y wrote: on guitar centre this things $1,250 thats nearly 650. Which is better Jackson DK2, DK2M or RR3?
    In Denmark you can't buy that guitar and nearest shop is in Germany where it costs 2200 US DOLLARS! you should be happy