Demmelition King V review by Jackson

Jackson: Demmelition King V

Purchased from: Private

I play Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Groove Metal, Grunge and Country. Its perfect. I like how the pickups absorb the sound while I chug like some machinegun and gives that Chuck Schuldiner tone. For Grunge I use the middle pickup setting and I reduce the Bridge pickup volume only a BIT. For Thrash I use the middle setting with full volume for both the pickups. Same for thrash except groove metal, where I use neck for the riffs, and Bridge for the solos. Its really easy to play harmonics and get the highest range of it if done properly. You can Dimesqueel and stuff cmon its a floyd rose, dive bombs and everything sick. Every guitar should be made with one. I have a Zoom 36 M Fire and I use a Zoom G2 with the expression pedal. For my guitar tone I set it to the Peavey amp and then put in the other settings. I have to tell u, ITS PERFECT! For a home practice. Actually its more than enough. I played for nearly 4 years. I had a Strat copy and I built my own guitar similar to a Strat with 24 frets, and scalloped it. But I couldnt get the right sounds for the tone I'm after. I bought this baby and trust me, you can get ANY TONE YOU WANT! that's right ANY TONE, provided you have the right fx units. I play these bands and more: Pantera, Lamb Of God, Death, Deicide, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Soundgarden, Machine Head, Black Label Society, Testament, Dope, Korn, Nocturnus, Bathory, Yngwie Malmsteen, Mortification, Saliva, etc etc. Many underated stuff too.

I play alot of old things and new things. I play alot mostly by ear. I stretch alot in my solo playing and its just perfect, I can play anywhere I want to without any difficulties. It can't get any more comfortable then this. Phil Demmel is a genius.

You Kidding me? Never doubt a Jackson. Many people around the world have played this. From my experience, HELLYEAH! THIS BABY IS PERFEECT! It doesnt't look like it will last, it literally has the blood the last for a 20 year period. The strap buttons are darn solid, I can depend on it and I would use this without a backup. The finish is very good.

Everything is perfect. I got this in good condition, actually 500% great condition, and I think its one of the best guitars ever made. The pickups are perfect where I'd prefer them to be. One can get the right harmonic sounds with these setups. The Pickups are just perfectly in place, but you gotta learn to maintain a floyd rose. Its not that hard once you done it a couple of times.

This is USA Made. Its got one of the greatest fretboards I've ever played on with those 24s. Its a 25.5" scale built. Its got sharkfin inlays, my personal favourite, its rosewood fretboard and its really clean. Its neck is smooth, but the problem is when you sweat, I had problems with that but its really nothing to it, just wipe the thing clean. I prefer more of a not painted neck, the one without the colour, as I can play smoother, but this is pretty good. The one I got is the black with silver bevels, its edges Shine and really looks good on stage. The headstock, has Phil's signature on it, and the Jackson headstock is perfect for that sustain I've been looking for all this time. Its a King V. Its got cuts at the bottom, and like phil said in a video it looks like a Flying V giving birth to another Flying V. In Metal guitar, I've never needed tone controls, so this guitar has no and I can't find any space wasted for that. There is one cool thing about this guitar, its more personal type to phil and I like it myself. Like the volume knobs are arranged in a way which we want it. I prefer the Bridge pickups most of the time and the knob of the Bridge pickup is closer to ur hands while playing and the neck pickup's knob is at the end. Its got two EMG pickups, EMG 60 on the neck, and EMG 81 at the bridge. The pickups are awesome, they aren't muddy sounding as some people think. Its perfect for that death/groove/thrash sound I'm looking for and if you heard it on the Blackening, you kno how it sounds. Its a 3 way selector. This beauty comes with the Standard gig bag, but you can get it with the case too, but I just got what was available where I live. It comes with few tools and the most amazing whammy bar the floyd rose.