Demmelition King V review by Jackson

Jackson: Demmelition King V

Purchased from: Oxford Guitar Gallery

I believe this suits my music style very well. I play Heavy metal such as Metallica, Iron Maiden and a bit of Machine Head but also play music such as Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver. The pickups sound so great on this it is amazing! I'm using it through a Blackstar HT-5s and use a Zakk Wylde Wah and Small clone chorus. This guitar goes well with all of them. People sometimes complain about the clean sound of EMG's but I believe they have a great tone, especially with the chorus effect. The pickups are not noisy and even at very high volume levels, the guitar sounds very controlled.

Overall, I'm so glad I decided to pick this guitar! It suits my tastes of music. I have been playing guitar for about 4 years. If it were stolen/lost I probably wouldn't be able to afford to buy a new one but I would probably buy a different guitar just to try different stuff out. I love the way the neck feels and the pickups sound and it just feels very comfortable to play. Before buying it, I did try the PDX version (was on a small budget) which was OK but was not as comfortable as the "Real" version and it did not sound as good. The only thing that's missing is the fact it has no tone pot but I never use that anyway so no deducted points for that.

This guitar would definately withstand live playing. I don't play live myself but the guitar seems very well made. I have knocked it against a wall a few times but there are no marks or signs of damage. After I set the Floyd Rose up, I haven't had to tune it! It seems to stay in tune no matter what I do with it. I have had the current strings on for about 2 - 3 weeks and aven't had to tune it, well... Maybe a few slight turns on the fine tuners but nothing completely off. I do always check before I begin playing. Another great point is the strap buttons, my strap won't come off! I was going to buy strap locks as soon as I bought the guitar but I bought a strap and put it on and the strap buttons are solid. I struggled getting the strap on as the buttons are so big but that's a good thing!

Well, when I recieved this guitar I believe it was in Drop B. So, straight away, I got the strings off, set the guitar to E flat, and messed with the action a bit. I did play it for a bit when it was in Drop B and it seemed very well set up. The strings didn't seem to buzz and the action was fairly low. The paint finish on this guitar is great. I got the Piano black with silver bevel and I believe it looks very nice.

Well... I'm guessing you know about all the features. It was made in Japan, has an Original Floyd Rose and comes equipped with EMG 81/60. Alder body, maple neck (quartersawn I believe) the neck is quite thin but not too thin, which I like. It also has 24 frets, 3-way selector (Bridge, both, neck) and has a locking nut. In short, this is a package of goodness; ) And, Dave MC (on the forums) helped me find it for 450! And for that price, this guitar is a steal! If you like to do different tunings alot, I would suggest maybe blocking the Bridge as changing tune on this Bridge is a bit of a pain, although it only takes me about 10 mins to replace the strings and change tunings so it's no biggy

Bezza27
    machinehead77 wrote: "Tuners are made of Jackson and they are locking quite good." ahhhh yes.....made of Jackson.....
    Yeah, not everyone speaks perfect English. At least the reviewer wrote in English and not another language just to appease Uni-lingual Tosspots like you.
    BlackDeath92
    The only thing that stops me from getting this is the Floyd Rose. I hate them with a passion. Then again, this guitar is pretty epic. I might have to deal with it.
    Dude475
    Bezza27
    Dude475 wrote: for the first reviewer, if you've only been playing for a week (which i realize is more at this time) why would get a 1300 dollar guitar?
    No, he said he'd only had the guitar a week :L
    gtfromftworth
    My friends, I just got one red PDX2 in at our store, and had to RESEARCH. There are US, Japan, and "other" presumably Chinese, makes of this fine axe. Japanese and "other" makes identified by removable stickers....mainly identifiable by the body wood: alder vs basswood IF you want to scrape some paint and can tell. I see these confused and misrepresented even by quality re-sellers. Values apparently range from $350 US to around $3000 US...BUT, the happy news is...even though we got the inexpensive one on a trade, it is solid and detailed most FINE. The D-profile neck is superb! But plan to do some serious research B4 buying and Get Documentation, or you'll pay for Japan quality and get faked. And I am pretty sure there are counterfeits as well - GT somebody else check out whether Jackson has made a red PDX2 Signature with a Bolt-On Neck! (see pics on Google)