DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: Top 10 Music

I've not owned many guitars, but I have played my share of them. This guitar is up there with the more expensive guitars. My cousin owns a Gibson Les Paul and I believe this sounds just as good distorted and even better clean. I play this guitar on a Crate CR-280, and I couldn't be happier. No matter what I play this guitar comes through for me. Whether I'm playing fast thrashy riffs of Metallica or clean chords this guitar sounds great. For optimum clean performance, set the pickup selector Switch for the neck pickup.

My overall impression is just wow. I play all types of music and this guitar rips through all of them like nobody's business. If this guitar ever got stolen I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I compared it to many other guitars before buying. My cousin's Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Strat, a few Ibanez guitars, and a Fernades guitar, and this guitar surpassed all of them. If you're looking for a guitar, but don't have a lot of cash, this will save your life!

It's a pretty durable guitar. I don't play live, but if I did I would definitely put my trust in this guitar. Because it seems sturdy, but I would always have a backup playing live, no matter what guitar I was playing.

The guitar was set up excellent. Sure, it had a flaw or two but nothing serious or that couldn't be fixed. When I got it the action had to be adjusted a very tiny bit because it was a little high around frets 1-5. Also the volume knob tends to get loose and rattley but that's easily fixed. As for the body, it's great. I've had this guitar for about 2 months, and lets the say I'm pretty clumsy. This guitar has already taken a beating, but it doesn't even show.