DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

I play everything, but mostly satriani and hendrix stuff. I use it with a Yamaha 25W amp, and once in a while a chorus pedal. It has a rich sound, much better than my last guitar, a Squier Strat. It can give you any sound you want to.

This guitar is a great match for any style of music. It's perfect for the couple years I've been playing. I would definitely replace it if it were stolen. I love everything about it; the floyd rose is awesome, almost flawless finish, speedy feeling neck. I compared it to the Ibanez JS1000, which is about the same, and the only difference was that the Ibanez had a little better pickups. If it had one improvement, I would put better pickups in. I love this guitar.

Never used it live, but I'm sure it will hold up to it. The hardware seems great; pickups are a little weak, but that's ok with my playing style. The strap buttons were great, though I replaced them with home-made straplocks because of my playing style. I don't think I would need a backup guitar. The finish seems great; I can tell it's nice and thick, though it does show fingerprints easily.

Perfect factory set-up. The strings stretched a bit at first, but that's probably because it sat on a shelf for two months before I bought it. The finish has a tiny crack by the neck, but that's why I got it so cheap. No complaints.

This guitar was made in 2006 in Japan. Great guitar, 24 frets, speedy, thin neck, jumbo frets, ebony fretboard, blue with orange and yellow flames finish, dinky style body, floyd rose licensed bridge, S/S/H Duncan Designed passive pickups, locking nut. Think that about covers it.

Psychoyz
    FYI.. This is a Japan made guitar. Dang good for the cash , after a setup. But well worth the price!
    weve
    I have a cherry sunburst DK2, paid $399, doesnt have SDs, came with Duncan Designed, very weak compared to real Duncans. I have an '06 DK2M with real Duncans. I will be swapping out the korean pickups for real SD's. These are great guitars for the money.