DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: Local Music shop

I play heavy metal music, bands like Megadeth, Judas Priest and Metallica and this guitar is ideal for that style of music. The acoustic sound is very good also. I use a Marshall 30dfx with a Zoom G2 pedal which makes the guitar sound perfect. The range of pickups give you different sounds so you don't have to change the pedal sound you can just change the pickup.

This guitar is perfect, I was torn weather to by this guitar cus it cost quite a bit of money. Just think of all the jelly beans I could have bought with 450 quid. I have been playing for 1yr and 8 months and I play with a Zoom pedal which just makes guitaring so much better. If it where stolen I would go shotgun crazy in a supermarket, but after I got out of prison I would definetly buy the same guitar. Buy this guitar I urge you!

I have snapped a few strings but thats about it. If you change the strings before you go on stage it should definitely hold out. This guitar is so easy to play my other guitar is a Flying V and that is all over the shop, when you put it on and let go of it the headstock ends up facing the floor but this just guitar stays in place.

The only downside to this guitar is because of the floyd rose double locking tremlo system it does take longer to down tune. It wont take that long so if it doesn't sound right the first time don't panic you'll look like a fool trust me, I know. Other than that I absolutly love this guitar as soon as I put it down I want to start playing it again. that's why I don't have a job.

It has an awesome design, you can get many different 1s but I went with the hot rod flames. It was made in Japan. The pickups are Seymour Duncan which give a really heavy metal sound. 24 frets. Also a maple bolt on neck which goes really well with the body design. Selection of 5 pickup settings.

stidhamdan
    the dk2 dinky is not usa but japan model.The usa soloist is the guitar identical to the dk2 in look thats american made.Ive got the dk2 jackson with with the custom shop skulls design.its awesome the neck is thin and very good for lead playing trills and harmonics and dive bombs withe the floyd rose thremolo.The only big difference for me is the duncan dsigned humbuckers.They make it sound like there seymor,s but there not. you can really tell a difference.the duncan dsign sound allright though but if you really play heavy with as much gain as you can for like a trash metal sound you would want the real deal symor humbuckers
    Thunderstrucked
    Even with the duncan designed pickups it owned my epi Les Paul, but now theyre set up with real duncans for the same price!!!