DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: MusiciansFriend

I use a Marshall MG100 Half Stack with digital effects. When I got this guitar I thought it would sound real heavy, and I played it and it sounded just plain normal. I had to mess with the controls a bit to get a heavier sound, but I think it's because my amp does not have all that much gain. If I played it on my friend's Crate combo amp, then it would be suitable for metal, but my Marshall just doesn't sound the same.

I play every kind of rock I can think of. I have played for over a year. Better guitars have somehow helped me play better. This guitar is easier to play on than my old guitar, an Epiphone G-400. It also would always go out of tune and it frustrated me to no end. I can honestly say I hate nothing about my Jackson. If it could have anything, I would want it to have a set neck, but still probably unfinished. I think a set neck sounds better, but I settled for the DK2.

I'm expecting to play this guitar at school somewhere around February in a talent show with my band. Just by playing this guitar I trust that the hardware will last and it will not go out of tune every five minutes. The strap buttons it came with were alright, but I decided to put the Schaller strap locks I had on it just in case. I am not the gentlest with guitars, but I don't think it will show.

I got this guitar and it was already tuned to Eb, but I tuned it back to stnadard because that's how I play most songs. The strings buzz a tad around the first few frets, I might take it to a nearby GuitarCenter and have them set it up so there isn't any buzzing for a price. I bought the DK2 in the Eerie Swirl color, which I was not sure about because of how much it looked purple on the site, but then I went to a guitarshop and saw it and decided. I was going to get the Crimson Swirl, but I didn't like the chrome hardware. There were absolutely no flaws in the finish at all. Fingerprints and smears haven't been any problem at all.

The DK2 is made in Japan. It has 24 frets and a very thing/fast neck that is great. It has and alder body and rock maple bolt on neck. It's shaped kinda like a Strat, in my opinion, like one on steroids. It comes with a Floyd Rose liscensed bridge. When mine arrived I was very dissapointed to find out that they forgot to send me the tremolo bar. It has a 5-way pickup selector, and the first just turns the sound off completely which is nice. It has one volume and one tone knob, which is really all it needs.

weve
    I have two... DK2 and DK2M, love em both, the maple is my favorite, check out my review of the DK2M in cobalt blue.