DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: Local Guitar Dealer

As I paly metal (mostly Iron Maiden) the Dinky suits this style very well indeed. I use a Marshall amp without a pedal but cna easily obtain the ideal sound without this effect. The DK2 sounds good on both a clean and heavy sound and attains rich tone on the clean setting.

Essesntially the Jacson DK2 Dinky is a perfect fit for the type of music I play (metal). I have treid Strats, Washburns, BC Rich's in the past and this guitar surpasses them all. It has a certain edge and quality to it that most other axes don't have. Attitude! If it were stolen I would certainly buy another one and be very upset at the same time! I have been playing for around 20 years so am obviously quite experienced. All in all I have few if any gripes with the Dinky. It is an amazing metallers guitar for the price. Well worth the money!

Obviously I haven't had my Dinky too long but I am sure that it will be a solid guitar and will withstand most things I out it through. The strap buttons seem pretty solid so I would never use a back up. It is a pretty dependable guitar. This is a pretty reliable and durable axe!

When I received my DK2 it was set up perfectly and there wasn't a blemish on it. The locking system keeps it in tune perfectly so no problems there. The playing action is superb and the neck is as straight as a die. Pretty low and smooth at the same time.

Made in Japan (2005) the features on the Jacson Dinky DK2 are phenomenal for the price. There are 24 jumbo frets, an alder body (nice weight), Floyd Rose floating tremelo system, 5-way selector and volume and tone control knobs. The DK2 also has Seymour Dunacan pickups wish sound amazing. My axe has a transparent blue colouring and of course the famous pearl inlay shark fins on the fret board. The body shape is perfect for someone like me who favours the Strat or Washburn bosy shape.

bluesblaster
    tasty licks
    agreed.
    death_metaller
    i bought a dk2 like 2 days ago...trans black..duncans (real ones not designed) love it so much lol cant stop playin it...the jeff beck sig bridge pickup owns...squels like a bitch
    Shib
    tasty licks wrote: bluesblaster wrote: whoever that first guy was, he wrote one of the most pointless reviews i have ever read in my life agreed.
    I also agree. "when you put it on and let go of it the headstock ends up facing the floor but this just guitar stays in place" I don't get it... But the DKMG Dinky is pretty good.. the DK2 is also good but not as good
    vote-claypool
    ive had a leftr handed dk2 in transparent blue for about two years now. great guitar, good for pantera to primus and ive even played red hot chili peppers songs and incubus songs on it and they sounded good. mine had duncan designed pickups in it, and even tho they werent too bad, i switched the bridge pickup to a sd dimebucker. overall good guitar for anyone whos serious about getting a good guitar for the price (unlike gibsons that are, in my opinion, way overrated and way overpriced)
    JakSunPlayr
    I have the DK2 with the "Pile o' skulls" and I love it. The skinny neck is a pleasure to play. I guess I need to change over to the real SD PU's but it still sounds great for Metal. I also have the DR7 (7 string) and other than some fret buzz when down tuned, another great axe.
    p2fyre
    i tried one of these a few months ago and I was disappointed with the build quality. I also tried a DKMG and the difference was massive. It's worth the extra 100 for the MG version just for excellent build quality.