DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: musikborsen (sweden)

I play mostley trash/alternative metal (Trivium, Metallica, Megadeth and before System Of A Down), and the guitar fits my style perfect. The humbucker and the neck is what I most like about this guitar. I'm using a Kostum 35 w amp and a Behringer Ultra Metal. it's not that noisy, and I use a lot of dist but I don't hear any shouting or something like that, so it's nice. Very full and bright sound, it has a very heavy sound but it still not to bassy.

I play Trivium the most, and I must say this is a perfect match. I noticed that they're solo guitarist (corey beaulieu) used a Jackson V before, and the neck on this is kinda the same so it's perfect. I've been playing for almost 4 years now and I sold all my other 3 guitars and bought this, becuse I wanted only one guitar that was perfect for me. If it we're stolen I would probably call the police, get out myself and look after the bitch, and if I found him I'd kill him. I love the neck and the pickups, and I hate the blackfinish becuse it gets very dirty fast. When I bought it I tried out a lot of Jackson guitars, mostley DK's and some Rhoads and a schetcer 7-strings, and this was the best of all of them. I wish it had 2 humbucker and 1 singel coil in between, but it's nice this way too, becuse you get a very good clean sound out of it.

I can really trust this guitar Live I think, really nice and thin neck. The hardware seem's like it will last at least 10 more years. The strap buttons are just perfect, nothing wrong with them. they're kind of big but I like that becuse then you know that it will not fall to the ground. I'll use it at a gig without a backup, actually I have a gig soon and I'm not using any backup then. I think the finish will last for ever.

The guitar set-up/action was perfect, and the pickups we're adjusted good. The only "flaws" the guitar got was some fingerprints at the black finish, but that was after I've justed it for a while and yall know how it is with a black finish. I didn't like the flames in the beginning, but after I played it I fall in love directly. The volume controls was a little loose but nothing serious, they didn't fall off they're just kind of loose.

It's made 2006 I think and it's made in Japan. It has 24 frets, and a maple bolt on neck. Mine hade Duncan Designe pickups but I changed to real duncans instead. But the Duncan Designes is pretty good too. 5 pickup settings, the singelcoils makes it very nice to play clean on, and the humbucker handle's the distortion well.

jackson.88
    I own this beautiful guitar an i just can say that it's fantastic: great sound, great action, good estetic with this flames!! i play it through a Marshall Mg30Dfx and it sounds perfect for all kind of music! believe its a good guitar for intermediate (like me)!
    jackson.88
    Hanger 17
    I wouldnt mind one of these though i am also looking at the DK2S Sustanic, though im one of those picky bastards and i dont really want any of the colours ofered...Which one do you reckon would be better?