DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

I play all rock n roll going from The Beatles to Iron Maiden, so my tone and style ranges. This guitar is great for everything. Put on moderate distortion and your playin' Cream, crank up the high gain and your playin' Metallica. I use a Crate GTD120 solid state amp, which is just OK, and I'm getting probably the best tone out of it with my Jackson. The thing rips. On the clean setting, on the bridge setting, it can be a little tinny, but if switched to the neck setting, you get a real warm bluesy sound. The harmonics are great, natural, artificial, and tap, and it has great sustain.

Overall this guitar is great. It matches my style of music completely. I have now been playing for 2 years and I've had it for one year, and it's lasted, and I've really had time to fool with it. In my opinion, this thing is better than a Fender Strat. I'll keep this until I die.

This guitar most definetley will withstand Live playing. I would play a show without a backup. This thing has gone through some tough times, and yet it's still in there with no dents, and everything staying in place. The strap buttons were the only thing I didn't like. They were very small, and the strap would not stay on very well, so I replaced them with Schaller strap locks and now they're fine.

The guitar actually was setup up amazingly. This is my first time straying from Gibson and Fender, and I have to tell ya, this thing has less problems than any Fender I played. The Pickups were all perfect height from the strings, and the Floyd was set up just how I like it. Everything was routed great, and looking into the cavaties, it's very neatly wired. No problems were encountered yet with this guitar (Knock on Wood).

My Jackson DK2 Dinky Pro Series is amazing. It has 24, easy-to-reach, jumbo frets, with a rosewood fret board. The wood on the body is alder with a flame maple top to show the unique design through the beautiful transparent blue paint. The neck has to be the best neck I've ever played. it's finish is makes it so easy to manuever around, and feels great on the palm of your hand. It also isnt thick so you don't have to over expand when trying to reach certain notes. It has a liscensed black Floyd Rose tremolo system, with Jackson tuning heads. There are two knobs, one volume, another tone, and a 5 way Switch. There is a Bridge humbucker, a single coil middle, and a single coil neck pickup. They all work great, and are very hot, giving you the best sound and the best harmonics. They are made by Seymour Duncan. Besides the guitar, there was nothing included.

J1MB087
    It says on GAK the hardware is chrome, is it or is it actually black like its supposed to be?