DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Price paid: A$ 800

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

I play metal and the guitar really suits it, but it also produces a great clean tone. I wouldn't recomend using it for stuff like AC/DC or Led Zeppelin it dosnt produce a very good crunch tone but is awesome for Metallica, Van Halen, Trivium, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Anthrax and all the heavy stuff. I'm using a Line 6 spider 3, 15 watt amp (no effects). Even when I put a lot of distortion on it still plays quite cleanly but not as much as I'd like. It sounds Great on a clean setting an does not make any noise. On a distorted setting it sounds amazing the distortion I get out of the pickups blew me away. I compared it with my old crappy squire and the Jackson produces a much heavyer yet much cleaner tone and the pickupps really do make a difference. The distortion makes the squeels with the whammy even greater.

The guitar sutes my music style very well. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years now. I also own a Squier Strat (which is crap) a bass and bass amp. And a drum kit. And a Line 6 Spider 3, 15 watt amp. There is nothing I wish to have asked before buying the guitar, I asked everything that I needed, advice: always ask about the guitar you are buying and anything that you don't understand or that you are curious about on the guitar it is a major help! Iff it were stolen I would probebly buy a different guitar although I love this one there are better guitars out there. My favorite feature on the guitar is the Floyde Rose, and I hate how it is too heavy but other than that it's great. When I was choosing the guitar I was either going to get this one or an Epiphone Les Paul shaped one(I'm not sure what model it was) I chose the Jackson because it had a Floyde Rose, it looked better and sounded amazing.

The guitar has withstanded very well so far, I haven't had any dameges with the harwarwe and it has held up well. The strap buttons are extremly solid and unlike my last guitar have not come loose at all. The finish is great and I have not got ONE major scratch in it's 3 year time with me, my last guitar got extremly scratched very easily in having it for only half a year. I would definetly use it at a gig exept it is a bit heavy but dosnt seem to give me any pains or problems.

Everything on the guitar was set up fine exept for the flyde rose wasn't tuned properly and the stings buzzed against the fretboard which I went and got fixed. The volume and tone controls were loose when I got it but it was easy to fix myself.