DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Purchased from: Dude in Cali

I play a lot of metal, and this guitar screams. It works perfectly and I have a achieved a sound that is reminiscent of Metallica and Megadeth though my Berhinger GMX 212 amp, and I'm not using any effects pedals. It has a raw, thrashy sound with a good full tone, which is what I was hoping for and I love it. it's not noisy at all when using the humbucker. Although I use it primarily for metal it is a quite versatile guitar and can achieve a great clean sound and a great classic rock tone. It can also pull of wicked dive bombs and pinch harmonics. Overall, it is a great sounding versatile guitar.

This is a perfect match for The Music I play, metal. I've been playing for a year now and play for at least 3 hours a day and I only tune this about once a month. If this were to be stolen I would definitely buy another Jackson, because of the quality and workmanship. I love everything about it, there's nothing to not like. y favorite thing about this machine is it's versatility, t can play anything from Zepplin to Children Of Bodom, I had looked at other guitars before this, particularly ESP's and they almost always had a factory default, this thing is perfect. I chose this because it suited my playing style and skill level and had incredible bang for the buck. The only thing I wish it had was a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker at the bridge, but thatd shoot the price way up.

This guitar blows minds when playing Live, no hardware has ever come loose, nothing has ever gone wrong with this beauty, the strap buttons are completely solid (which was a problem on my last guitar) and never came loose. I would bet my life that I would never need a back up when gigging with this masterpiece. The finish had only been scratched once, because I banged it off the wall pretty damn hard, it doesn't have and lick markings and there's No Doubt in my mind the finish will last as long as the guitar.

The action on this thing is perfect, although there's a bit of fret buzz near the top, but it is inaudible when the amp is at a decent volume. The pickups are adjusted perfectly for metal and everything is in good working order. The bridge was routed fine and there were no imperfections what'soever, there were no crooked pick ups or loose pieces at all. Perfect right outta the factory.

Was made in Japan, not sure when, I think it's an 06, it has 24 frets and a nice maple neck. The body is alder with a laminated top that sounds top notch. it's a Strat style guitar but with the Jackson headstock that could take an eye out. Mine has a gloss black finish and looks great with the dark rosewood fingerboard. It has a Jackson floating bridge made for them by Floyd Rose and amazingly good sounding duncan designed pick-ups that are passive. It has a 5 way selector, a volume knob, and 2 tone knobs. It has locking tuners, but I'm not sure Who makes them. All the hardware is chrome and looks amazing with the gloss black finish. Mine came with a hard case, patch cord and a few picks cus I got it second hand.

One.
    drew604
    If you are serious about metal you cant really go wrong with a Jackson. I had a Jap built Dinky AR back in 1993 and it was awesome. I gigged it everywhere. Since then I also had a USA built Kelly. I now only have 2 Jacksons. One is a 1988 USA custom shop soloist with a custom 'copperhead' paint (I retro fitted an EMG81 to the bridge on that one . The other one I have is a 2003 USA Select soloist which has duncans on it. I guess my point is....no matter which Jackson you buy... you wont get better sound, playability, look and feel for your money. I have been using them since 1993 and I still play them more than my ESP's
    gnomieowns
    One. wrote: I got a DK2M from GAK for 399, plus 60 for a crimson swirl finish, it looks awesome and plays awesome. mine has 2 SD humbuckers, and the strings that come with the guitar are pretty decent and have lasted me around a year. The maple fretboard gives you access to plenty of bright tones for when you want to play clean, but the bridge pickup is still great for distortion, especially if you adjust the bridge pickup to be closer to the strings, so that the transition between bridge and neck pickup is even more defined. Very versatile, amazing natural harmonics, you can easily do lots of whammy bar tricks if you want. gogo buy one!
    you should really replace your strings... but they are nice guitars.
    Numero80
    This model always breaks after 1 year. It's cheap made. Don't buy this.
    LazyLatinoRocke
    How many models did you buy to confirm this?
    ilcapo
    I have one, and am very satisfied.. They are very good guitars, good completions, good floyd.. The humbucker is excellent, the singles not so much .. I recommend to change them into something better
    GeeGar
    I got this beastie for Christmas. Its amaaaazing, and i love it but it was set up really badly, so has been sent back to be set up properly.
    $k!llz
    LazyLatinoRocke wrote: Numero80 wrote: This model always breaks after 1 year. It's cheap made. Don't buy this.How many models did you buy to confirm this?
    haha buuuurn!
    $k!llz
    um my $100 dollar peavey hasnt broke after 4 years. there is NO way this will break ever ever ever ever ever ever ever :H:
    xXsoloistXx
    omg!!! coolest guitar in the world the lefty... anyways plays awesome, sounds awesome, great price, PERFECT!!!