DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

I play metal mostly, but I'm moving into acoustic, blues and funk styles, writing material in those genres too and it does them all brilliantly, it does clean leads very well and is very versatile. I use a Line 6 spider 3 and I have my own amp settings to use, its always sounded exactly the way I want. Theres no excess noise to speak of except for the odd blunder I'd make myself. Its an instrument that can easily go from brooding blues sounds to intense metal leads with perfect harmonics, the only limit to its sound is its player.

It could do any genre of music my ability as a player defines how it'll sound, its the perfect palette for an artist to work off of, I don't have anything to ask of it. I have formed perhaps too strong an attachment to it, I sometimes look at it and can't believe its mine or watch it sleeping or cry after making love to it. I've named it kate beckinsale. If it was taken, I'd want it back, if it were lost I'd go find it.

Live playing? Yes, but the finish is easily scuffed unfortunatly so it'll do what its supposed to just don't go whaling it off something hard-edged yeh? The hardware has remained solid since I got it and the strap buttons I feel I could depend upon in a life or death situation, like the scene in jurassic Park where the guy is hanging above a drop to an inevitable death and he's saved by his strap.

The only issue was the bridge, it wasn't set right when I got it, but it was easily fixed and the only problems the Floyd Rose has ever given me were caused by my inexperience as opposed to a fault in the product, after that it was flawless. (its just told me to type more so I can finish the review, I haven't gotten anything more to say but hopefully the contents of these brackets will do)

24, jumbo, frets and rosewood fretboard. Slim neck, so much nicer than the Strat copy I'd been playing. Strat style body. Jackson made Floyd Rose bridge (never given me any trouble). 1 volume, 1 tone knob and a five way toggle for the pick-ups. Seymour Duncan pick ups, very nice. Jackson tuners, seem solid, I use the locking nuts and theyre very reliable, I almost never have to tune the guitar, it stays where it is despite my playing.

thegear
    one thing reviewers need to understand, you CAN'T give the guitar a lousy score on action and finish just because it wasn't setup properly when you got it k??? action should be rated after the guitar has been setup to its best, it's just ****ing annoying to hear ppl rating guitars before setting everything up, its like they were saying, "omg i'll give this guitar a 1 on action, it came to me inside a box! it was impossible to play it that way"
    gutu
    Can someone tell me how the pickups sound like? is there some sorta of pickup that sounds like acoustic or something? i live in a place where i can't really play on guitars and i just started to play some solos, mostly pearl jam and i play a lil nirvana too. And if someone can do me a favor, could u people put some images... is that i saw that guitar and never good pictures of it...
    Kalyth
    Just bought it last week and still have to get used to the lower action and bigger frets than my previous guitar (a Gibson LP Goddess), but as for now, it plays beautifully and the neck is really fast!