DK2 Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2 Dinky

Price paid: € 600

Purchased from: Thomann.de

It was my second guitar, when I bought it I wanted a high quality guitar and I'm served! Beginner 2 years ago, I played only metal and rock, no solo or difficult stuffs etc, now with the time I can review this guitar. First you know that is was made for rock and metal but: I play, almost everything, Rock, Metal, and now Blues, Jazz a little. Those pickups are amazing! The humbucker can give you a big distortion it's hot, the middle pickup I don't use it because the neck one do the rest. The neck pickup give you a beautiful clean sound, round, bassy, and compressed, I love it. You can play Ska, or any clean style with no problem, its clean as hell and compressed. Because of the Floyd I don't detune it to Drop C or else, and just in Standard with a MetalZone trough a Marshall amp, it's amazing how many type of sound you can have.

This guitar match my style pretty well, I wish it has less action, to play faster (hard to swep actually maybe the strings?) I've a Fender Strat to play blues, but this guitar can do it too, but with a different tone. Its a beast in distortion and clean, I recommend it.

This guitar is very resistant, 2 years of gigging and the only problem that I have is a mass problem which a fix with some aluminum paper in the hole. I've lost my strap many time so I change form some straplock, no problem anymore. Well equilibrate guitar, I played it without any backup and I thrust this guitar. Some sign of picks scratches on the body with the time but it doesn't get through the paint. No problem with the wear.

The guitar was set perfectly, the action is low for fast shredding, easy to play I was surprised how you can play a note easily. The neck is thin and slide well, you can access to the highest note with no problem. No flaws on my guitar. I rate it 6 because you can certainly find more playable like my Fender Strat, I'll try smaller strings to see.

I don't know the year it was made, I bought it in 2010 the Left-Handed version. Here's the specs: Left-handed electric guitar, Dinky Pro Series, alder body, bolt-on rock maple neck with rosewood fretboard, Thomann 24 jumbo frets, 1x Seymour Duncan humbucker & 2x Seymour Duncan single coil pickup, JT580 LP double locking 2-point tremolo, 5-way switch, black hardware. Pickups are passive so, it only have one tone and one volume knob, simple. A second could be great. The locked tremolo is great, it's a Floyd rose and the guitar doesn't detune at all, and even if, you can retune it by the screws on Floyd.

Shornifier
    megadethfan 666 wrote: why do i keep hearing people saying jackson is not metal because they are owned by fender when all members of Iron Maiden, john 5, and Yngwie Malmsteen all use fender and thats not even talking about the people that use jackson Adrian Smith(Iron Maiden) Mark Morton, John Cambell(Lamb of God) Matt Tuck(Bullet for My Valentine) Randy Rhoads(Ozzy Ozbourne)R.I.P. Phill Demmel(Machine Head) Christian Olde Wolbers(Arkaea) Criss Broderick, David Ellefson(Megadeth) Scott Ian(Anthrax)
    Who in the right mind would say Jackson isn't metal? It's funkin Randy Rhoads...!
    blooddrunk
    I have this guitar and its brilliant. the pickups are a highlight as is the neck. i got mine for £350 and thats an absolute bargain considering its japan made, alder bodied with a maple cap and seymour duncans. you can play anything on it and sounds great. it cleans up really well. it isnt a guitar made primarily for brainless chugging.