DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

Purchased from: New Music

Jackons are metal, I like to play all kinds of metal, from Scorps to Slayer. Played through Crate Excaliber 90 watt head and 4X12 cab or Marshall practice amps, DS1, Multichorus, Death Metal. Love the pickups, I have the same set up in another Jackson and I put a set in my friends Jackson, the necks is really warm and the bridge is very bright. Pick harmonics are center of the pickups. The neck is fast.

I would like a USA through body but cant justify spending $2000 when I can buy this really great guitar for $450. The maple fingerboard with black sharkfin inlays is so cool. It's looks good next to my DK2 and Dinky HardTail. This guitar souds and plays great.

The finish seems pretty durable, I know a lot of people the play Japanese Jacksons live and I haven't heard any bad things. I tuned both my DK2 and my DK2M once and havent had to touch them.

Fit and finish is great, no flaws, paint job is beautiful. The volume nut was loose, took me 10 seconds to tighten. The guitar store set it up and used DR '9s. I like the action, very nice piece.

New for '06, made in Japan, cobalt blue bolt-on neck DK2M maple fingerboard with compound 14" to 16" radius, alder body. Seymour Duncan Jazz SH2N humbucking pickup in the neck, Seymour Duncan JB TB4 humbucking pickup in the bridge. Jackson 6-in-line pointed headstock, compound (14" to 16") fingerboard radius, black delrin shark fin position inlays, black binding on neck and headstock, natural headstock with black jackson logo. Master volume, master tone, floyd rose licensed Jackson low profile JT580 LP double locking 2-point tremolo, pickup switching 3-position blade.

DeathByStereo23
    dimebag7 wrote: I agree, Jackson > ESP. Here's my story; I was looking for a new guitar, one with good quality and professional. I looked at the esp ltd ec-400, with 81/60 emg pickups. Very nice guitar, the neck was smooth, it wasnt light, but wasn't heavy, sounded awesome, but something was missing, so I didn't buy it and kept the search. I then found a Jackson, oh yes, the Jackson SLSMG Soloist, weighting in at 7 or 8 pounds, maybe less, with emg 81/85, the smoothest neck id ever played, and the nicest ebony fretboard, with a gloriest stain black finish. Also a string-thru body. It costed a little more, but it is worth it, the quality of the jackson is astonishing, just outstanding. the ESP LTD EC-400 was 929 plus taxs. and the Jackson SLSMG Soloist was 1050 plus taxs, and the final count was 1179 dollars. Worth every penny. I also got strap locks, gig-bag, and a pack of strings. Also the jackson is made in japan, which is actually great quality, compared to the esp.
    ESP's are made in japan,not as crappy LTD's whose are made in korea
    DeathByStereo23
    nivecon13 : ESP's are crap(my opinion), Jackson's are the way to go. And this is a very nice example of a kick ass Jackson. I have an ESP and i can say you that is'n crap,but it's just your opinion
    thejake89
    yeah. i just bought one. they had in on clearance for 380 hooked me up w/a 60$$ case and a sound chord and a set of strings. love the humbuckers. mine is blue with a different trememelo than this one. it puts out the nicest clean sound you can ever hear. way better than my old jackson.
    weve
    A scalloped heel means uninhibited access to the upper frets
    weve
    Its been 5 months since I wrote this review. I play this guitar pretty much everyday and I have had to adjust the tuning twice, started going flat. There is a hairline crack starting where the neck meets the body, very minor although it bugs me. Now I want a Kahler bridge.
    roach666
    Yeah hekks, its the same for me, my first real guitar. I'm pretty satisfied with it.
    jjway2cool
    yea i love this guitar just bought it lovein playin the metal with it annd it just looks so good next 2 my blusey aria mac-55
    hekks
    This is my first "real" guitar. Every penny was well spent on it. I put on a set of 10-46 DR Black Beauties and this thing shreeeeds! I use the Duncan pups that come with it, and they're great. The guitar isn't very heavy, and has very good tone. The neck is very smooth and easy to navigate. The trem system, although made by Jackson and not an original FR, is great and keeps its tuning without a problem. I love how this guitar looks with the black strings I put on it, and it's got the sound to match. The style of music I play is Metal and this does a great job. I'd reccomend it in a heartbeat.
    rockstar_jones
    i bought one, its the shit eerie dess swirl, i'll put a review up in a month once i get my facts straight (they're all good)
    Ahstyn
    zomgzerg
    great review; i'm dying to play one of these. such a beautiful guitar
    FunKRawK
    this guitar is amzing i'm buying mine tomorrow...i hope they have sold it=( since yesterday
    rankine
    Well, I played it in a shop on the weekend and I've got to say that this axe plays amazingly! The neck is smooth and fast and looks the bee's knees. I gave the LFR a good testing and it held tuning really well, I was amazed considering the bad reviews Jackson Licensed FRs get. So I bought this guitar on the internet and should be recieving it in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get it Amazing guitar
    rankine
    Are the pickups Actives or Passives? Looks like a great axe though, I'm considering getting one if I can find one to play locally first. Either this or the DXMG + pickup change.
    dimebag7
    ESPM200
    This guitar is good,but the ESPM400 is a little bit better because I like emgs on my guitar and esp is a totaly different machine
    weve
    unregistered: I dont like EMG pick ups, I like Duncans. And I love Jackson's. They are the original sin. ESP's are ok (they arent Jackson) If I wanted an ESP, I would have bought one. The DK2M is a beautiful guitar. For $550 I got the better deal. I definetly recommend this guitar \,,/
    rock_guitargod
    Ahstyn wrote: The ESP M-400 is this plus a set-thru neck and EMGs for $650. Get the better deal
    he got the better deal....he brought the jackson dint he lmao
    Ahstyn
    You get better tone through a set-thru neck than you would with a bolt-on neck.
    Archon473
    The man wanted Seymours over EMGs, as do I. Plus, you can't beat that neck. Looks fantastic and the bolt is low enough not to impede your playing.
    ohmerrymayhem
    ESPs are good, I've got an MH1000 with a JB/59 set of duncans in it.. It's a great guitar, but my Jackson SL1 Soloist owns it completely. In fact, the only guitar I've played that I think is close to as good as the Soloist is my Ibanez S2120Xav. Damned good guitars... And although ESP is, they're really a whole different beast.. Comparing them is somewhat unfair.
    nivecon13
    weve
    Oh ya, in my review I said "I would like a USA through body but cant justify spending $2000 when I can buy this really great guitar for $550." I justified it and just bought one. The neck is even faster on the USA.