DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

This guitar suits my music style on every level. I play literally everything except country and classical and I can emulate every tone. The tone and volume knobs are very effective. I use the Line 6 spider II 75 watt amp and a 95Q wah and it suits my main style hard rock/metal. This guitar has a lot of variety and every tone can come out of it.

I play hard rock and metal and this suits it really well, but I also play blues, jazz, and other styles and it easily conquers those tasks. It has an alder body which doesn't have the fullness of a les paul but I don't care everything else are features that I would have much more than a les paul. If this guitar was stolen I would put up posters and a reward but I might save up and buy a soloist. My favorite feature has to be the Seymour Duncan pickups the jazz and jb suit my need very well. I compared it to the american Strat and I just like the features of this one more and it better suits my playing style. Overall an excellent piece of Jackson manufacturing.

This guitar would do amazingly live, but you should always have a backup. The hardware is very good and seems like it would last for a long time but I use it heavily and it seems solid. I replaced the strap buttons with shaller straplocks and they always come loose but I fixed it with wood glue and toothpicks. The finish seems really good but I got it in black and it really shows fingerprints which is usual.

The guitar was set up near perfect with dead on intonation. I set the action just a little bit lower to suit my playing style but I'm sure that it would be suitable for most guitar players. Everything about the neck was amazing the frets were perfect and just the right size for me. Jackson has a slightly curved fretboard that flattens out but you can hardly tell this and this is good for chording and tremolo picking is very easy to do because of the tremolo spacing.

First of all what an amazing guitar. It's Japanese and is amazing quality. I have played strats and gibsons thousands more than this guitar and I would choose this hands down. It has 24 frets with a 25 1/2 scale and jumbo frets with a maple neck. The maple really adds that punch needed for killer riffing madness. it's just a solid top that fits your body like a glove. I have found this style to be extremely comfortable and could play for hours apon end with no discomfort. The tremolo is a licensed Floyd Rose and stays in tune very nicely. My only complaint about this is that if you dive bomb like crazy about ten or so times it goes out of tune just slightly. Make sure before you lock the neck, just stretch your strings and tune again because this helps alot. I will probably replace it with an original floyd once I have money to spend. I got a roadrunner case that is fit all and it fits it well as it doesn't fit in most molded caes because of the headstock.

dio_dude
    lucky bastards. I was gonna get one till I looked at the epiphone gothic. The gothic looked cooler to me back then, and being the stunted human being I am, I chose the gothic. I have now learned the error of my ways and in about two years will buy one of these(gothic is still pretty good though)
    defcon224
    how good is the trem??? I'm looking to get one of these but i also hear the schecter hellraiser w/ FR is hella good also. Which one is better for getting metallica, pantera, and ozzy??
    Dreaming-V
    played it at guitar center also played sl1 and sl2 and shitloads of other guitars but this guitar still pwns and so much more cheaper the only guitar i've played so far that sounds better than this is jem well not sound better but more "moveable" on the neck for me cuz i dun like the paint on the back of neck through guitars
    \m/Torin\m/
    i want one of these to get a more metal sound for playing, but i would like to know if this guitar is worth the money. is it?