DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

Well I play a lot of metalish stuff, and I know I'll probably get flammed for this but I like some pop rock too. This guitar is pretty versatile, thanks to the Duncans. I'm no pro so I'm running it through a 75 watt Line 6 Spider III. Not really noisy at all. The Jazz humbucker is a little too warm and not at bright as I'd want it but that's just personal preference. The JB for me is perfect, with nice clean highs. Once again, it can handle a lot of genres.

Overall, this guitar is pretty versatile for almost any genre. I've been playing for almost two years and this is probably the best thing I've ever had the pleasure of placing on my lap. I tryed out a couple of Ibanezes and some other guitars around this price and this one beat them all hands down. I wish I'd tried to haggle for the hardshell case, but for some reason I didn't bother, now I'm stuck with a padded roadrunner gig bag for this beauty. If it were lost or stolen I'd look around for something else but probably wouldn't find anything as awesome as this for the price, or anything thatd fit my tastes (I have a thing for white guitars with maple necks) The only thing I wish for is that it had an original Floyd Rose on it, but at this price it's still a steal.

Well I've never gigged before, last band broke up before we even got the chance, so I don't have much to say about that aspect. Nevertheless the guitar is very durable. The hardware seems pretty durable. The finish seems pretty durable too. I've banged it a couple of times here and there and not a scratch or dent in sight, meaning the guitar has a whole is durable. I put in a DiMarzio ClipLok strap as soon as I got it so I dunno about the strap buttons, but they were probably pretty durable.

The guitar was set up perfectly from the factory, with the exception that the neck pickup looked like it was real loose and about to fall out, but that was easily fixed. The bridge was intonated and leveled, and the action was perfect. The wiring seems to be fine. Only a couple of flaws literally, the bridge cavity's outline looks rough and iffy, and the black neck binding seems to have flaked or worn off at certain parts on the actual fretboard side, but maybe that's just what happens when you buy a floor model. Otherwise it was pretty much perfect.

The model I got was snow white. It looks beautiful. This baby was made in Japan and it's got 24 nice big jumbo frets on a maple neck and fretboard. The neck is "compound radius" (whatever that means) all I know is the neck is awesome and fast. It's 25-1/2" scale with a 1-11/16" locking nut and a licensed Floyd Rose. Alder body, kinda superstrat style. Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB humbucker set. One volume knob, one tone, 3-way switch. There's a nice pretty black binding around the neck and black sharktooth inlays. The scallops on the body near the neck and the body contours make this guitar extremely comfortable.

Multiplayerjon
    fenderbender_1 wrote: POSTED: 04/16/2008 - 117 pm / quote | lol I have seriously seen no one who can play a cob song
    I can ... umm where's the quote I Would have to say if your a Metal-monster,Only i would go with EMG But for the "everything is my thing" guy, seymour is the way to go just trying to clear things up Job is done here... Heres some math For metal Ibanez>Jackson Jackson=ESP DeanIbanez Ibanez>Dean Dean
    Jonbagga
    Jackson wisely decided it would be a good idea to make the higher frets closer together. Because of this, soloing is made easy.
    .....i think thats a feature on every guitar....