DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

Price paid: € 599

Purchased from: Tonika Music Groningen

I play anything between death metal and slow blues on this guitar. I would say it isn't made for clean sounds. But again, it's all in your hands. I use a Behringer V-Ampire amp, its rectified distortion makes a great combination with this guitar. I have no problem creating a monsterly distorted tone, wile still keeping definition. The pickups are a bit noisy, but that's mostly the refresh from my PC monitor. So in the variety department it isn't really versatile, best suited for metal, hardrock, and I'd like to say blues too.

I've played for six years now. This is a perfect match with The Music I play (if I really need a good blues tone I'll pick up my Richwood Stratocaster. I love it's looks! I hate black metal guitars, their so boring! This white beauty will soak up the spotlight, leaving any other musicians with black instruments on stage, in the blackness of your shade. When I bought this, I was in the market for a guitar in the 400 to 600 euro pricerange. I compared it to Ibanezzes and Deans with metal and shredding in mind. This Jackson blew the competition straight out of the water. There is always a better guitar I think, like a signature Ernie Ball or Dean. But not in this price range, I think. So it's cool!

Will this guitar withstand Live playing? Yes. This guitar can take a beating, and it has. I love this guitar, and I love playing it, hard! With suprising few stringbreaks it surpassed all my expectations. I've never had to tighten the strap buttons. And I'd take it to a gig without backup. The only thing negative I have noticed is that the black plastic lining the neck pickup has snapped, and now a piece of it is loose, I'll fix that with some glue after this.

The factory set-up was perfect, strings ready for shredding. I noticed the Floyd Rose springs making noise as I play, so I had to dampen them myself. Also, someone at the Jackson Factory could have picked up a screwdriver to tighten the screws in the tone and volume knobs. Would have saved me 2 minutes of time. The body and finish are both perfect. Expertly shaped body and neck with a smooth thin neck. The body finish came unflawed (and after a year of intensive use still is).

I have a great instrument. A 24 fret shred monster! Well it's all in the players hands really. This is a guitar to grow into and keep growing. I don't think I'll ever outgrow this guitar, unlike I did my last one.