DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

I play almost everything and I've still not managed to not get a tone I want. I can play anything from clean chords to brutal metal. I run it either trough my Vox AD50VT 212 amp or my Line 6 TonePort UX1 with the Gearbox software. With the right settings, this baby screams loud and proud! The HBers are not noisy at all, a little bit when you really crank the distortion but nothing you'll bother with. Since there is 2 humbuckers and the selector goes between "bride, bride-neck and neck" you can tweak almost anything out, variety ftw!

I've been playing for 1, 5 years and this guitar won't be sold for anything right now. When it comes to me, this guitar KICKS THE LIVING SH*T out of my Ibanez RG350, and I paid only a 100 bucks more for the Jackson. If it were stolen, I would track down the bastard and make HIM suffer big time, I'm serious about that. I love that it is so easily played, fast neck and everything. The only thing is that it's a little hard to reach the highest frets on the "bas-strings". But no biggie, if you really want it you can do it! I have owned an Ibanez RG350, and played several other guitars in the same price range, but this Jackson takes the price. I will NEVER EVER sell this guitar. It's one of the best I've played (for the price, as I said; ) )

Jacksons are made to be slaughterd on stage, that's for sure. I would play without a backup if I had to, but it's always safe to have a backup. The hardware seems like it will last for ever. No problems with the strap buttons either, rock solid as the rest of the guitar.

The guitar came pretty good set-up. I had to tune it, but the action was perfectly low. I had to level the Floyd Rose aswell, took me 30mins and then I haven't changed a bit since. Everything seems to be in order on this guitar, I haven't noticed anything bad on it.

I don't really know when this was made, but I bought it on 25 of august 2008 retail. It's made in Japan and features a 24 jumbo fret, very fast neck where both fretboard and neck is made out of maple. If I'm not mistaken it's thinner than my RG350DX. It's a solid piece alder body with a black finish. It's got a licensed Jackson JT580 bridge (Floyd Rose), 2 knobs (vol and tone), 3 way pickup selector for the two humbucker Seymour duncans (both passive). I think the tuners are Jackson made and it's double locking because of the Floyd.

Shiroshu
    Jonbagga wrote: Jackson wisely decided it would be a good idea to make the higher frets closer together. Because of this, soloing is made easy. .....i think thats a feature on every guitar....
    Yea.. I don't think the reviewer understands how guitars work at all..
    say5ss2
    Well i just bought mine a week back, and lemme assure u, it kicks ass (for its price). Plus i was amazed that the licensed floyd rose was so much better than the crappy one i had on my Ibanez. I got mine with the Inferno red or the Crimson swirl paint job ( not sure which) and even my non guitar playing friends go ga ga over it...