DK2M Dinky Pro review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2M Dinky Pro

Price paid: C$ 550

Purchased from: Long & McQuade Music

This is one of the best guitars I've ever played. Very easy to play. Very fast. It feels like my fingers just glide over the frets perfectly. I get a very full sound. Since I'm primarily a progressive metal guitarist, I play a lot of faster, complex riffs and this guitar make them easier. Not to mention that the Floyd Rose can be used to make some great sounds without going out of tune. Basically if you play metal, this guitar will be an amazing choice.

For metal, you won't have a complete collection without this guitar. It was made for metal. Compared to my Ibanez RG170 and G10, my B.C. Rich Virgin and Warlock, my Washburn WG587 7-string, my Ovation Legend 2077 LX, this Jackson blows them all out of the water. It's basically the best guitar I've ever played. The only bad thing I can say about it is that if you have large hands, you may have to change your picking style a bit. I have large hands and every once in a while my hand bumps the volume knob and turns down the volume. But other than that little speed bump, this is an incredible guitar.

This guitar is very reliable. I've used it in many gigs, most of which I didn't bring a backup, and I haven't had any problems. It's well finished and mine doesn't have so much as a scratch on it. After a couple years of playing it, it still looks just as good as it did when I got it. The strap buttons are solid in the body and can easily support the guitar. This guitar will serve you well for years.

As far as I can tell (and I've looked over it pretty thoroughly) there is nothing wrong with how it was assemble or any of the parts used. The neck is perfectly set in the body, everything is exactly where it should be, the action is great, it's virtually flawless.

This is one bad-ass guitar. The 06 Japan-made DK2M Dinky Pro features 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck bolted on to an alder body. With the locking nut, excellent dives can be done with the Floyd Rose licensed trem while staying in tune. It has the basic master volume and tone knobs and a 3-way selector with EMG's (at least that's how mine was(both neck and bridge). Mine was a blue painted bengal DK2M instead of the more common solid color.

sean1784
    Just got this guitar for 250. Couldn't be happier it blows away my old RG370DX. 2 Horns Up
    Ramdas_D (X_0)
    Can ne1 plz tel me whether the Jackson-DK2M is a better option den the Ibanez-RG1570 and ESP MH-1000 Deluxe , overall... i also have the RR3 in mind....
    vferrizz
    Just picked up one for $400. The guitar is a great buy! I really like the feel and the Duncans sound great. I plugged it in to my Peavey VK 212 and a Boss MT-2 pedal and with a bit of mids I was getting a "Scorpions" tone that sounded perfect. This is a great guitar for the $$$. It is a nice compliment to my LTD KH-602.
    Sir applesauce
    I'm about to buy one for $449 ($330 U.S.) brand new. Free shipping. I can't wait!!! This will be my backup guitar, I also have a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 I need new pants.
    TST2469
    beautiful guitar!!! i really want 1 for my next guitar either this 1 or a jackson king V because they are just sexy! But my only problem is the maple neck i prefer mine darker looking
    rainmaker646
    I have this guitar 3rd year maybe ? and its just best of the best Floyd rose hold perfect, Pickups are great for a lot of music styles and neck ! wohou ! amazing !!!! I call her snow queen :
    weve
    Six years later and it still holds its tuning through all the season, just have to change strings and play. I just wish the volume was somewhere different, I seem to keep turning it down with my pinky.
    neoclassical85
    Another thing I love about this guitar is the contour on the back of it, its got such a nice shape its a VERY comfortable guitar.