DK2S Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: DK2S Dinky

Purchased from: Curly's music

This is an amazing guitar, it's full of power and tone thanks to the Seymour Duncan pickups. I can get any sounds from ac/dc to napalm death just using the bridge pu and altering the volume. I play thorugh a Voz V847 - Line 6 uber metal - Boss DD-3 - Peavey valve King 212 Combo. on clean I use the middle and the neck pickup becasue they are more full than the humbucker which is surprising. the sustain pickup is fantastic I gigged the other week and the drummer went to the toilet in the middle of a solo and I was able to hold the note until then which was cool. it sustains either the note you r playing or a mix of that note and its upper harmonic, it also sustains the upper harmonic on its own. if you like dime bag darrel and his screams then forget his sig guitar get this, because the harmonic sustains for ever you can get far more dramatic effects and they always work never fail. The sustaner is also a neck pickup and it's very good I would say it's kinda like the Seymour Duncan 59 in sound and response it's great for lead work. I have try other jacksons out and this by far is the best because of the sustainer.

I've bin playing for 5 years now and I have a Gibson SG Standard and a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with stevie stevens rebel yeah pickups by bare knukle pickups and I have an Ibanez JS1000. I really love the Jackson because it reminds me of the '80s hair metal guitars with ther pointey headstocks very cool look.

Even tho it is alder it's is stil quite solid and I would gig and have gigged without backup. All hardware is top quality as this guitar was mde in japan unlike other jacksons. The floyd rose is amazing an is as solid as the Ibanez edge pros. I don't forsee any problems with this guitar although as with many guitars the input jack couls come loose quite easily.

The action was great straigth from the shop but I had to ajust the G string it was a little high for me. The finish looks errie it's see thru black. The guitar is very comfortalbe to paly it's srat style shape with similar contours. The jumbo frets make it a joy to play.

Alder body (with flame maple veneer on trans finishes) with bolt-on maple neck and compound radius rosewood fingerboard. Features Seymour Duncan humbucking (bridge), single-coil (middle) and Sustainiac Driver (neck) pickups, Jackson low-profile double-locking tremolo and black hardware.

a1sauce
    This guy knows exactly what he's talking about. I bought this guitar about a year ago and it's one of the best guitars I've ever played. If your looking for a high quality guitar thats not over 1000 dollars then I highly recommend this guitar!
    xxZeroxx
    xion665
    xxZeroxx wrote: I played this guitar at my local music store and it was honestly the best guitar i have ever played.
    Thats because Jackson guitars are the shiznit. I own a soloist and it was well worth every single cent. Its my baby and i recommend anyone with any love of guitar to at least play a jackson.